Wireless servo kit

Sweet. Do you have the black momentary buttons for the left gauntlet as well?

Can you show close up pics? I'm having a hard time picturing the attachment :)

sounding great!

If you havent figured out how to attach the stalk to the servo...heres the method i used previously.

on the back end of the circle part on the bottom of the stalk, you drill a small hole (from back to the center hole...through the thickness of the stalk) and mount a grub/set screw there. that will hold the stalk in place on the shaft extension. This is VERY easy to do on a resin stalk, and only slightly more difficult on an aluminum one, as you'll have to tap threads into the hole.

BTW i use this HiTec low profile servo
HS-77BB Low Profile

with this shaft attachment (make sure you get the one for the hitec servo):
Servo Shaft Attachment (.250")

The shafts are out of stack at the moment, but they restock fairly quickly and are great with customer service.

nice. I have the salamander king setup still and i replaced the servo he gives you with this one. I also used it in my BM helmet with the hyperdine set up. This looks like there will be no need to change the servo :)

The one i have is thinner it sticks out into the helmet a little under an inch, your is a little over and inch, and mine has more torque...but it shouldnt make much difference...i doubt you NEED as much torque as mine has...yours is a good price point as well. Nice job on finding that one...maybe i should have browsed the site more lol. I just went with what i had before and knew worked lol.

Looking forward to this one!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think folks would be willing to pay for the low profile stalk, and it has the lifting torque.

Well, I know I would, at least. And so would Lou.

:)

I am going to try to figure out a price point on this. A lot has to do with the servo, the alco switches and the price of the board. The board will be cheaper the more I order, I just don't want to get stuck with a bunch of boards and no one buying the kit.

I will be ordering the rest of the parts I need to finish the layout of the pc board this weekend. Once those parts come in, I will be able to finish the CAD drawing for the board and see how many people will be interested in the first run. The first run may be a short one, maybe 5-10 kits, if there is enough interest. If people like the kit and I get enough positive feedback once its in peoples' hands, I may decide to make this permanently available.

I am really looking forward to this JC! The craftsmanship on your light boards is amazing, and I doubt these will be any different.

Thanks. SK, your kit looks like it works well, but it would be nice if you kept your kit videos on your own thread. People already know how to get one of yours, this thread is about my kit.

I have a few pics of the switches installed in the gauntlet.

image.jpg

image.jpg

No worries. I'm sure I will have one when your ready. The switches will have shrink tubing on them in the final version, but since this is still the mock up I didn't worry about it.
I may post another vid tonight using the giant to rotate the servo.

Looking awesome, JC!

Is it possible to get the buttons for the left gauntlet as well just in case I need to move it to the left side? Those two black ones? I can pay you the extra for them.

Can you post a pic of the buttons you are talking about DP? I'm not sure I now which ones you mean.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back