Vest Fabric Interest Thread [limited time offer]

Yeah, it's usually either 45 or 60, unless it's considered 'upholstery' fabric, in which case it comes on roles as wide as 6 or 7 feet.

Thanks for looking into it! :)

O.K., I got the answer for you batninja. The width of the material is 50" however there is an inch on each edge to fuse it so that it doesn't fray. So basically it'll be 48" wide of useable width.

Chris, I'll see if I can get a scan of the other side for you.

Doesn't fray? How thick is this material? Do you think it will be able to hold whatever method we use of securing the armor (Bolts, glue, velcro, etc)? We may need to install a strong liner.

Put me down for 3 yards.

I intend to use different fabric for a liner myself. It might also help to use a fabric adhesive (between the shell and liner) where you know the plates are going to sit. Ought to give a nice thick area, if you need to drill/press/cut through the fabrics.

Just the same with most bolts (rolls) of fabrics, the ends are usually a bit frayed. It is just the way they are cut and handled. I don't anticipate there being any problems with it holding armor.

Chris, the sample they sent was stuck to a piece of paper and had a sticky backing on it (what we are ordering won't) so you can't see the backside. Personally, I'm content with how well the front side of it matched up to the real vest.

::Edit:: The deadline has arrived. The official sign-up list can be found here:
http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic.php?from=post&topic=4197&forum=3#last

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back