Finished build - long time lurker, first time posting

abergdev

New Hunter
My 12 year old son wanted to be Boba Fett for Halloween, so about 3 months ago I bought a 3D printer and a sewing machine. I ran out of time at the end and started cutting corners and foregoing accuracy… but I finally finished the costume 30 minutes after his first Halloween event of the season started… we were late, but it was a hit. Too bad he’ll grow out of it by next year haha.

Attachments

• 14B1D1D4-7B3C-457A-B5D1-2B06CB4E3F8F.jpeg
    14B1D1D4-7B3C-457A-B5D1-2B06CB4E3F8F.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 128
Thanks everyone! He won 1st place at his flag football costume contest!!

Attachments

• 303C7579-C0D0-40C1-829A-615AEC5FDE3F.jpeg
    303C7579-C0D0-40C1-829A-615AEC5FDE3F.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_7572.MOV
    38 MB
That's awesome! And sure, he'll outgrow it. But you could sell it and make another one next year.

Josh
What do you think a fair asking price is? It’s not like 501st qualified, but, it’s 1st place in a costume contest worthy haha (my son won 1st last night).

What do you think a fair asking price is? It’s not like 501st qualified, but, it’s 1st place in a costume contest worthy haha (my son won 1st last night).
I'd leave that up to how much work was put into it. You scratch built the whole thing, and it's unique. Of course people will only pay what they think it's worth. I don't know what the demand would be for an intricate, accurate pre-teen/teenage Boba Fett costume. But surely someone would be interested.

Having said that, I'd say $500 is where to start. I think you're absolutely justified in asking more, but that just kind of feels right to me, if that makes sense.

Josh

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back