Trooping query

clockworkronin

Jr Hunter
Does anyone here in the 501st or the Mercs know if you're allowed to troop with just the hasbro ee3? It just seems like a better alternative than bringing a 200-300 dollar prop to where kids and touchy fans are going to be.

Bring both. Never let the expensive gun out of your hands and let the public pose with the toy. I occasionally let people pose with my real blaster, but it's hyperfirm. But I also keep a painted hasbro in my costume tote and have my spotter carry it for photos.

It's entirely up to your Team lead and GML. In my Garrison we'd have no issue with it in some troops like private events. On a high profile troop like a parade or a Disney / LFL event it would not be allowed.

I personally like having the added weight to the real blaster. The size difference of the Hasbro just looks odd in my opinion. I don't normally hand my gun to kids. We have a lot of other blasters on hand for fans.

The Hasbro blaster just looks too small in my opinion & doesn't look the right proportion in an adults hands.

The little bit of weight that is there isn't bad with a an authentic version. I am pretty protective of my EE-3 due to it being a scratch build, way too many hours in the construction, even my kids are afraid to touch it, so needless to say it stays in my hands when I troop.

From what I have seen the Hyperfirm's are very durable & if I had one of those I wouldn't have a problem letting fans hold it for photos.

Stormrider makes a rubber EE3 with a wooden stock. Slavefive who makes the hyperfirm e11s also does an EE3.

MLS has a new featherlight EE3 as well as a regular.

I've been trooping with a Sidewinder EE3 and while it wouldn't be good to drop (resin), it's a good overall weight.

I swear by the Hyperfirm EE-3s. I've been trooping with mine since 2007 and have had no issues. The weight is fine and I've never had to worry about people dropping it which honestly hasn't happened in all of that time. I did watch Cruzer's son back at C4 toss a Hyperfirm up the escalator constantly and it had no signs of wear after that.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back