Transfer tracing paper

Wicked Fett

Jr Hunter
Hi all, need some help as I’m starting my first ROTJ paint job. I need to know either brand or type of transfer tracing paper used for damage details before the maskol. I can only seem to find black graphite types. Thought they’d be be a white wax type. Thanks and hope you can help.

Joba Fett
Like DennisFett1142 mentioned I can also vouch for JB Weld products. Good stuff! I also have a full setup of Boba Maker Armor, Helmet and Jetpack! I also have a highly detailed WIP, which can be found here: Iron's ROTJ WIP

Best of luck!
1646447452396.png
1646447463469.png

-Iron

Do you know if you can load this into a printer and print directly onto it?
I've never tried it. You'd have to find it in sheets versus the roll that I've purchased it in. It might also mess up your printer. If you were able to print on it and then trace it directly onto the helmet versus what I do with printing on tracing paper and using it on top of the transfer paper, I think your accuracy would be great. I just have no idea if it would work. If you try it, let us know!

Attachments

• 70497293-1240-42EC-A059-725E79AAE629.jpeg
    70497293-1240-42EC-A059-725E79AAE629.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 125
Just got my armour and gauntlets. Velcros pulled off already lol. Bit big but I’ll pad them out. Are you still using Velcro on yours?
Joba Fett
I have not had an issue with my Velcro…..like at all. And I’ve trooped in it a few times already. I kinda told myself if that did happen one day to maybe try superglue on the Velcro and see how well that worked.

The gauntlets were a wee bit big on me too and I’m a taller Fett at 6’2”. But like your suggestion I padded them out. Worked great for me!

-Iron

Joba Fett
I have not had an issue with my Velcro…..like at all. And I’ve trooped in it a few times already. I kinda told myself if that did happen one day to maybe try superglue on the Velcro and see how well that worked.

The gauntlets were a wee bit big on me too and I’m a taller Fett at 6’2”. But like your suggestion I padded them out. Worked great for me!

-Iron
Only received them today lol £1000
Question, did you reinforce them?
Thanks so much dude you are my font of knowledge.

Attachments

• 86BB25C8-7059-47BA-9E74-B945CCD8B110.jpeg
    86BB25C8-7059-47BA-9E74-B945CCD8B110.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
  • 46CFDF13-F0DE-4187-8EF4-7672EF67C79A.jpeg
    46CFDF13-F0DE-4187-8EF4-7672EF67C79A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
  • D4189694-E031-4A77-82C3-8A6569739D7F.jpeg
    D4189694-E031-4A77-82C3-8A6569739D7F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
Joba Fett
I did not reinforce them. Thus far, the Velcro has been sticking quite well! You may even wanna reach out to Daz to inquire what he suggests. One thing I like about Daz is his quick communication. But supergluing them on was my first thought. If you do reach out to Daz, let us know what he says.
(y)

I will say this, on my Boba Maker helmet, I did have to reinforce the epoxy (JB Weld Epoxy) he had on it for the visor hardware, but since then…..no issues.

-Iron

Doubt it I’m just going to overlay it with stencils from here
Ok man, don’t know if this’ll help you but I did away with the transfer paper method.

Instead I print straight onto A4 tracing paper, turn it over and trace the damage.

Turn it back over and lay it on the helmet. I’d recommend getting this stuff, seriously I’ve found it essential.

image.jpg

It’s purposely re-positionable and honestly leaves zero residue of any kind.

So, stick the tracing paper to the helmet and go over the traces lines of damage. That transfers the graphite from the pencil onto the helmet.

I just found the transfer paper too fiddly.

Ok man, don’t know if this’ll help you but I did away with the transfer paper method.

Instead I print straight onto A4 tracing paper, turn it over and trace the damage.

Turn it back over and lay it on the helmet. I’d recommend getting this stuff, seriously I’ve found it essential.

View attachment 221014

It’s purposely re-positionable and honestly leaves zero residue of any kind.

So, stick the tracing paper to the helmet and go over the traces lines of damage. That transfers the graphite from the pencil onto the helmet.

I just found the transfer paper too fiddly.
:unsure: Hmmmmmmm

ShortFuse
Ah! See, I looked at my email and seen "Unsure" thinking you said it....
1646882845019.png

So I thought to myself "hmmm Justin has some concerns, I should see what those may be." But now I realize you had just put the emoji there. Hahaha! Silly undecyphering emails.
1646882970056.png

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back