Tonight is the night

What can you do??? I am really happy to have been in the postion to lose those championships. It means...If we are there then Fexas is NOT!!!! AMEN!!!!

I was hoping to play Alabama in the game for the fact that they have a winning tradition. THis isn't meant to slam Florida because my hat is off to the Champions. But when you have a lineage of winning titles you lose with grace but more importantly you win with grace. LSU during the Sugar bowl Nat Title four years ago were the UGLIEST fans of all. Yelling "Tiger Bait" at every old couple wearing OU colors two days after the game. When Alabama came to Norman 6 years ago we welcomed them with open arms and tailgated like crazy with about 10 AL alumni after the game and never got in their face nor they in ours. We enjoyed the comraderie of tradition. Now don't get me wrong, when it comes to Texas there is NOOOO love there what so ever. My point?
The paper in OKC this morning showed Bob Stoops walking off the field last night with his wife and two young daughters as Gator fans Yelled obscenities took pics and threw stuff at him. Where is the class there? They should celebrate and rejoice with the fallen and thatnk them for the battle. Even Tebow lost his grace last night by taunting and during his interview justifying his antics by saying, "They were doing it too." Where is the class?
I have had 30 people coming by my office to taunt me today. You would have to know me. I am OU alum as well as my wife. I played 2 years of Volleyball at OU and my wife was a cheerleader so we understand the competitive spirit. We stand and never talk during the national anthem and then cheer the opponent when they take the field. While tailgating we offer beers to the opposing fans as they come to Norman to watch their team. But I hate poor losers and despise poor winners more...IMO

So true...

Why bash a worthy and well battled opponent?!? You could be the loser next time!!! Win classy, lose classy. And both with a bit of humility!!! (easy to say...:D)

anyways...there's always next time, Boomer!!!

:cheersCheers!!!
A'den

Boomer, i'll root for your Sooners in the NCAA if you root for my Eagles this Sunday in the NFL!!!

Just for you Scott. Congrats they kicked the Giants tails...:cheers

084 - Copy.JPG

091.JPG

Is that Donavan McFett?? What a cutie!!

Boomer,
Thanks for the support bro, I could hear you guys cheering here in Philly!!! Is there anything sweeter than NY fans leaving a home game dissappointed??? I think NOT!! 1st the METS, now the GIANTS. I shall sleep good tonight!!!

E-A-G-L-E-S.....EAGLES!!

Is that Donavan McFett?? What a cutie!!

Boomer,
Thanks for the support bro, I could hear you guys cheering here in Philly!!! Is there anything sweeter than NY fans leaving a home game dissappointed??? I think NOT!! 1st the METS, now the GIANTS. I shall sleep good tonight!!!

E-A-G-L-E-S.....EAGLES!!
I lived in Dover for 7 years and got introduced to the Philly Teams and I still love them. Of course you ahd better not wear a Denver Jersey to an eagles game or they pee on you from the upper seats...(seriously it happened in the early 90's):p

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!! GO EAGLES!!!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back