Tonight is the night

Boomer, i'll root for your Sooners in the NCAA if you root for my Eagles this Sunday in the NFL!!!

GO EAGLES!!!! I love McNabb! I met him in 97 when OU beat them with a blocked field goal at the last second and we stormed the field (we didn't have much to cheer for back then) But McNabb was really gracious on the field. My 2 year old even has a McNabb jersey onesie she sports for his games.

On another note as for the game last night...:eek::cry:eek::cry:eek::cry:eek::cry:eek::cry:eek::cry:eek::cry:eek::cry:eek::cry:eek::cry:eek::cry:eek::cry:eek::cry:wacko:eek::cry:wacko:eek::cry:wacko:eek::cry:confused:wacko:confused:wacko:confused:wacko:eek::cry:rolleyes:confused:angry:wacko:confused:eek::cry::)confused:angry:(:confused:wacko:angry:cry::)facepalm:cry:confused:rolleyes:eek::wacko:angry:cry:rolleyes:confused:wacko:eek::angry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:eek::angry:confused:wacko:eek::cry::)cry:(:confused:angry:wacko:eek::cry::)cry:eek::cry::)cry:eek::cry::)angry:confused:wacko:eek::angry:cry

8)

Last edited by a moderator:
To your comment about OU and the Gators both being able to beat the Detroit Lions... so could The Ohio State University, and they have lost the past 3 years in BCS bowls... ::mutters:: should have won this year though... ::grumble grumble:: stupid McCoy and Cosby hookup.

So how many players are returning next year for the Sooners? that is the question you should ask... kinda like Ohio State was a very young team and has A LOT of talent returning next year.

To your comment about OU and the Gators both being able to beat the Detroit Lions... so could The Ohio State University, and they have lost the past 3 years in BCS bowls... ::mutters:: should have won this year though... ::grumble grumble:: stupid McCoy and Cosby hookup.
You know that Fexas is to OU that Mich is to OSU..... Tuck'm

Heck we are sitting and waiting to see if we are losing our coach right now to the Denver Broncos. Bradford, Gresham and the O-line are all pretty much gone for sure. McCoy and two Defensive lineman are probably gone as well....We will be sucking for a few now....

Tonight is the night that I will fall for you!!! Over again!! Don't make me change my mind!!

sorry the title just made me think of that and I thought it'd be funny

i thought it was a good game. two power houses faceing off. the first half had me on the edge of my seat. thought my gators were going down........tebow threw 2 picks and the ref hated the gators. but all in all good game.

i thought it was a good game. two power houses faceing off. the first half had me on the edge of my seat. thought my gators were going down........tebow threw 2 picks and the ref hated the gators. but all in all good game.

That is so funny! We thought the refs were so anti OU the first half that they had to give us some taunting calls the second half. I mean that first bone crusher hit on the deep ball on the side lines was big time pass interference due to the ball hitting the defensive player in the back and the touchdown where he reached in and was never reviewed... Not to mention the complete "love fest" with Tebow and the announcers!!!!!! It just feels like the world is anti OU. I am sure it feels the same for Florida fans as it is just perspective. Either way my hat is off to the Gators and the Florida fans. Great first half....the rest of the game:cry:cry:cry:cry

That is so funny! We thought the refs were so anti OU the first half that they had to give us some taunting calls the second half. I mean that first bone crusher hit on the deep ball on the side lines was big time pass interference due to the ball hitting the defensive player in the back and the touchdown where he reached in and was never reviewed... Not to mention the complete "love fest" with Tebow and the announcers!!!!!! It just feels like the world is anti OU. I am sure it feels the same for Florida fans as it is just perspective. Either way my hat is off to the Gators and the Florida fans. Great first half....the rest of the game:cry:cry:cry:cry

+1...I live here in FL but I was rooting for OU and saw the same thing all game. FL is such a bandwagon fan state with every sport. Not to mention so many bad calls or lack of calls. Bad luck too with the two interceptions...

I liked Tebows little speach about thanking the lord, but wasnt gonna commit to coming back to school next year LOL for some reason that made me laugh.

It always bothers me that they rarely finish school , and I think Jesus would appreciate the humility and humbleness of doing so rather than the glory and $$ of not LOL

good stuff hehe

+1...I live here in FL but I was rooting for OU and saw the same thing all game. FL is such a bandwagon fan state with every sport. Not to mention so many bad calls or lack of calls. Bad luck too with the two interceptions...

I was hoping to play Alabama in the game for the fact that they have a winning tradition. THis isn't meant to slam Florida because my hat is off to the Champions. But when you have a lineage of winning titles you lose with grace but more importantly you win with grace. LSU during the Sugar bowl Nat Title four years ago were the UGLIEST fans of all. Yelling "Tiger Bait" at every old couple wearing OU colors two days after the game. When Alabama came to Norman 6 years ago we welcomed them with open arms and tailgated like crazy with about 10 AL alumni after the game and never got in their face nor they in ours. We enjoyed the comraderie of tradition. Now don't get me wrong, when it comes to Texas there is NOOOO love there what so ever. My point?
The paper in OKC this morning showed Bob Stoops walking off the field last night with his wife and two young daughters as Gator fans Yelled obscenities took pics and threw stuff at him. Where is the class there? They should celebrate and rejoice with the fallen and thatnk them for the battle. Even Tebow lost his grace last night by taunting and during his interview justifying his antics by saying, "They were doing it too." Where is the class?
I have had 30 people coming by my office to taunt me today. You would have to know me. I am OU alum as well as my wife. I played 2 years of Volleyball at OU and my wife was a cheerleader so we understand the competitive spirit. We stand and never talk during the national anthem and then cheer the opponent when they take the field. While tailgating we offer beers to the opposing fans as they come to Norman to watch their team. But I hate poor losers and despise poor winners more...IMO

I liked Tebows little speach about thanking the lord, but wasnt gonna commit to coming back to school next year LOL for some reason that made me laugh.

It always bothers me that they rarely finish school , and I think Jesus would appreciate the humility and humbleness of doing so rather than the glory and $$ of not LOL

good stuff hehe

Good call. I am worn out with the Tebow love fest and he is human after all. He got flagged for taunting and wants the NFL money. Real saint that guy...(n)

I was hoping to play Alabama in the game for the fact that they have a winning tradition. THis isn't meant to slam Florida because my hat is off to the Champions. But when you have a lineage of winning titles you lose with grace but more importantly you win with grace. LSU during the Sugar bowl Nat Title four years ago were the UGLIEST fans of all. Yelling "Tiger Bait" at every old couple wearing OU colors two days after the game. When Alabama came to Norman 6 years ago we welcomed them with open arms and tailgated like crazy with about 10 AL alumni after the game and never got in their face nor they in ours. We enjoyed the comraderie of tradition. Now don't get me wrong, when it comes to Texas there is NOOOO love there what so ever. My point?
The paper in OKC this morning showed Bob Stoops walking off the field last night with his wife and two young daughters as Gator fans Yelled obscenities took pics and threw stuff at him. Where is the class there? They should celebrate and rejoice with the fallen and thatnk them for the battle. Even Tebow lost his grace last night by taunting and during his interview justifying his antics by saying, "They were doing it too." Where is the class?
I have had 30 people coming by my office to taunt me today. You would have to know me. I am OU alum as well as my wife. I played 2 years of Volleyball at OU and my wife was a cheerleader so we understand the competitive spirit. We stand and never talk during the national anthem and then cheer the opponent when they take the field. While tailgating we offer beers to the opposing fans as they come to Norman to watch their team. But I hate poor losers and despise poor winners more...IMO

Understood and well said...I noticed SOOOOO many fans still wearing their hats during the National Anthem...It makes me sick! Regardless, class is class...

tebow bashing????????? show some of that class you guys are so fond of all the sudden....... the sooners were doing just as much ^%$^%$ talking as the gators. when a losing team taunts you, all i say is "look at the score board ,jagoff...."

and that big hit in the first was inbounds. the defender just knocked him 10 yards out of bounds.

i hate for tebow to leave , but can you blame him???? one injury and there goes the NFL..... if i was in his shoes , the gator nation is lucky he was here this year.
go gators!!!!!!

wow.. everyone is shouting BOOOMER! you guys sure this whole football thing is not just a cover for a big scale Gears of War night?;)

hehe just kidding with yall. and a big good luck from Norway

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back