The Asylum's Custom Armor Progress Thread

Looking excellent there Asylum, i think you have done an outstanding job on this. Please don't kill me for asking so, but is the re-breather functional at all? i couldn't find it in any of the other posts.

Nope. The rebreather is totally cosmetic. It does have pass-through for airflow though so my t-visor won't fog up.

And have any of you guys visited my Flickr page and checked out the girls?

And have any of you guys visited my Flickr page and checked out the girls?/quote]

AHHH!!! I'M AT WORK!!!!!!!

I could have used a warning!!!!!

Oh well, just be sure to let everyone know it's not exactly work safe.

...but I like 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:
Helmet color test. Thoughts?

472683929_c04148a5a5.png

Love the paint scheme, but the red trim is too bright methinks. I would go with a darker red much like the helmet pic here:

Just my two cents...

Working with bondo, is fun. I just got started. Can't wait for you tutorial! :p

I think If you did something like Valcar's, to keep the top stripes to one wide with one thin, as that's what is on the rest of the armor, right?

Latest progress report:

I've begun painting details on the helmet only to discover that the Krylon paint is only adhering to the helmet where it wants to. So I've suspended painting detail until I get a solid enough coat of clear on the helmet to protect the paint from the tape. It's looking good with the exception of the big bare spots...

Pics to follow soon.

lol...sorry to hear about your paint problems....added u on myspace lol...where do you get your green stuff?...i can only get it from the local games workshop...but they charge through the roof for it

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back