TDH........wots the back story ? Who ? Wot ?

Funkyred

Active Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Hi all, I have been using the forum for just under a year and. I visit it daily multiple times. I was was wondering the other day wot the story of the group was? Who set it up ? When ? How many of the original members still use it ?

is there a thread ?

You might try searching for posts by Art Andrews. I'm pretty sure that TDH and RPF were his brainchild and he, to the best of my knowledge, is the founding father, so to speak.

If I remember correctly, the TDH started first as a section on the RPF (which was created by Brandon Alinger), then when this section grew too big, Art decided to create the As You Wish forum which was hosted on the RPF servers (?) somewhere in 2000-2001. In 2002 the forum changed its name to The Dented Helmet and 'suffered' several rebrandings through the years (read more here ==> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/rebranding-dented-helmet-18383/).

Well now I know .......wots your story rafalfett ? You seem to be a wealth of knowledge and your name is pinned many many posts lol

Well now I know .......wots your story rafalfett ? You seem to be a wealth of knowledge and your name is pinned many many posts lol

If you read my early threads and posts, you will find that I started as anyone else, with little or no knowledge regarding Boba Fett. As time went by, I gathered as many resources I could (not just from TDH), but also tried to think in a logical manner, which helped me in my researches. At the beginning I used many of the free goodies shared by the members (mostly templates and stencils) and it was logical for me to give back to the community.

RafalFett pretty much nailed it and all the links he provided tell the story. So many things have changed over the years, but one thing that has remained the same is that TDH has continued to be THE source for the very best Fett knowledge thanks to so many members, like RafalFett!

RafalFett pretty much nailed it and all the links he provided tell the story. So many things have changed over the years, but one thing that has remained the same is that TDH has continued to be THE source for the very best Fett knowledge thanks to so many members, like RafalFett!

yes he certainly did , It made interesting reading. I was also directed to posts about ASOK a me that I had heard of in numerous posts.

Thanks a lot for the kind words, Art. I can say that without others, who have been here long before me (and some still are), most of my knowledge regarding Boba Fett wouldn't be possible, so a big nod from me (you know who you are)!

I think this was probably our earliest "official TDH meet-up" at Dragon Con 2002. But most of us knew each other before that, anyway.

247662_10150206633072356_279482_n.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back