Seeker\'s Finished Jango!! 8-8-04

I really wanted to see Arturo's Rub-n-buff demo at DragonCon.

I guess I'll have to have my own private demo..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Everone meet Kathy. I have to thank Kathy for all her work she has done for me in the past years. Kathy has done all my soft parts on my Jango. She is amazing!!

Thank you Kathy. you kick asse!

As for the demo. I'll make a copy of the vide as soon i get one myself.

Hey Arturo. Very nice Jango. I'm still Jones-ing for the fettpride gauntlets but man, I haven't heard back since I last sent you and trooperkev a pm back in May, I think. Well, hopefully one day my Jango will be complete. Maybe for C3. If not, I'll just wear my stormtrooper.

One thing that occured to me that someone said a long time ago. Artists tend to be perfectionists. I just realized since you are an illustrator, you tend to look at details. I'm also an artist and it occured to me that it must be true. As a contractor, I take a lot of care that the houses I build turn out very well built. Same with all I do, whether I'm bulding, drawing, whatever...and I'm never satisfied with the result. Still I don't think I'll ever get my Jango anywhere near as accurate. By that time, if I'm lucky enough (money talks) to have one that's equally as nice, I think you'll own the actual movie prop costume because you will have won it off of ebay in an exclusive Lucasfilm auction and you will sit there at home behind your computer laughing at all of us! ;)

My hat's off to you, amigo. Felicitaciones!

p.s. Kathy! Great job, nice to see you on board. You may remember me (or not) from the Rebel legion, but it's been so long. Anyway, I have visited your site in the past and seen the costumes you've made for your daughter. You do awesome work. :D

Thanks for the kind words dude. Yes its true we artists tend to want things perfect. we have the eye for that :D. I'm very pleased of what i have now. I think the only thing i will ever replace is the helmet. only if someone has a cast of the real deal, but for now I'm very pleased. and maybe the jumpsuit, thats if i gain weight. :lol:

here's some comparison shots.

newarmorcomp1.jpg

newarmorcomp2.jpg

Incredible, Arturo.

You're gonna hate me for saying this, but I still think the jumpsuit needs more blue in it.

I agree Turo. Your suit sucks and you suck! Stop trying! Just throw it away and give up, dude! :lol:

Foxbatkllr wrote:

Incredible, Arturo.

You're gonna hate me for saying this, but I still think the jumpsuit needs more blue in it.

Last edited:
rub n buff demo?? huh? that would be cool to see, did yo udo the helmet or a sheet of something and where did you get that cool helmet stand at? whats it made from?

No offense intended...just trying to help you achieve perfection, Arturo. Your suit's already 99% accurate and better than anything anyone else will come close to.

I just got the rub-n-buff demo and the sintra demo. :lol:

I can't believe how easy it is.....but that might just be how easy Arturo makes it look. ;)

hey seeker... any chance of putting up your demos online?

....I just bought my own first tube of Rub-n-Buff (in gold) today :love

.....don't worry Fettsters----it's NOT for an 'ultimate' "Mango" Fett :rolleyes

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back