SE Fett ammo belt count

Armydad

Active Hunter
Hello all, back again! Question, are 10 ammo pouches an acceptable count for SE Fett? I know there are multiple configurations depending on the particular Fett being built. I've found 14, 12, and 8 via multiple screenshots and production photos and other builds, but I've also seen 10 on some Fett builds. I like the 10 on my Fett, the overall aesthetic look and fit seem to work best for me and my frame, and I know it's my suit and I have the overall say so, just wanted some outside input. Thanks guys!

For 501st standards? I'd honestly do what you feel is best and submit pics accordingly, as it is your Fett. I know Rafal has shown 14, but you'd never be able to see past 12 under normal conditions.

My Fett is already approved, but as always I'm tweeking and upgrading my suit. I don't want to disqualify my suit from approval, just wanted to get a consensus as to whether if ten was accepted or not. Thanks again.

Raf shows 14, I settled on 10 (tho i had 14 made to order), for the exact reason as you described, too many an ol' Fett starts looking a little wide in the waist. I did ensure tho that a couple of pouches had the button tacks as shown. I figure a CRL hasn't been done yet for the SE ( and I know the lads over at the BHG are sorting one) but as long as its not 8 of which is the RoTJ, its gotta fly
H

I went with 10. Mainly because I'm a 30 waist and the pouches would have crept too close to the back otherwise. Do what's true to your frame or screen accurate won't look accurate.

I'm trying to build a S/E and I went with 14, I bought the extra pouches so might as well use them belt fits fine on me and I'm small frame myself.

image.jpeg

here is a cut and paste from the SE thread...

Ammo Belt
For 501st approval:
· A medium brown leather or leather like belt that secures via velcro in
the rear.
· The belt has 8, 12, 13 or 14 ammo pouches on the front with no gaps between them.

• There are 14 ammo pouches present on the promo version of the suit
· Ammo belt has 6 decorative grommets on the back.

The problem you run into and if you read the thread over on the BHG is there is such a huge variation between shots. From promo to screen shots the SE kit changes like the wind. The CRL has done the best it can to nail down what the kit is without leaving out obvious things that should be allowable due to being on screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
here is a cut and paste from the SE thread...

Ammo Belt
For 501st approval:
· A medium brown leather or leather like belt that secures via velcro in
the rear.
· The belt has 8, 12, 13 or 14 ammo pouches on the front with no gaps between them.

• There are 14 ammo pouches present on the promo version of the suit
· Ammo belt has 6 decorative grommets on the back.

The problem you run into and if you read the thread over on the BHG is there is such a huge variation between shots. From promo to screen shots the SE kit changes like the wind. The CRL has done the best it can to nail down what the kit is without leaving out obvious things that should be allowable due to being on screen.

this is sooooooooooio confusing lol...........I new to the scene and thought I had done some research only to find I haven't touched the surface

Last edited by a moderator:
I can be confusing. That is why if you ever read my welcome comments I say .....read, read, read and read some more. There is so much to know a learn when it come to Boba Fett. But if you just take your time it will all get much much clearer.

This is similar to my situation i'm going to do a future build of the Super Trooper the intro video has 8 pouches the still photo's has 10 hawk and i discussed this on my belt thread and we were both correct on both belts

If you read through the SE CRL thread over on the BHG you will see a two and half year discussion/debate.....labor of love.......trying to get the thing as correct as possible.

But one thing to glean from the thread is this: If the guys in that discussion with the cumulative knowledge and wisdom on Boba Fett take years to get it nailed down, as a newb you can not possibly expect to know all about this costume. It is incredibly involved.

Thing with the SE and promo shots....theres TWO promo shoots...which I don't think many people realize....The suit in the promo shoot also is not EXACTLY what was on screen so some people would argue that its not accurate for the SE suit to have a normal jetpack Im of the mind to have the pouches (14) and wear what you think looks right...some days where 11 some days were 13 or 14 whatever feels right...it really doesn't matter as long as youre wearing the Fett! Just don't wear the belt with a huge Gap in the middle like ESB and youll be fine ;)

I agree with Fett 4 Real..........this is where matching the pouches to your body is a big component. I think the biggest key in the CRL is the "no gaps in between". If you do that and you have the front of your torso relatively full of pouches then you will be good.

Yeah just as I figured, I knew the SE was a nightmare when i started. I was wearing 12 when I first got approved a few years back. And through the years I've gradually been upgrading my suit. Due to my military responsibilities I was unable to meet the minimum trooping requirements to stay active so I was retired. I'm back in the game again and am currently in the process of being re-approved to be reactivated. Through my upgrades I've found 10 pouches look best on my frame, I've resubmitted my most recent pics and the 10 pouches was mentioned. I don't think it's an issue that will keep me from being re-approved, I could always just put 2 more on to appease the approval gods and just wear ten when I actually troop. Just thought I'd get some opinions from the other Fett fanatics here as well. Appreciate all the input.

The person doing the approval should be looking to the CRL that is on the BHG for that approval. So you should be alright.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back