Belts & Holsters Rubies Holster

I have to recant(sp?) the latex statement (what the holster is made of). I think it is a thick vinyl. I think?

Mike

Lynn TXP 0369 wrote:I got mine a few days ago.... They are OK by me, I'll replace the belts with real ones and redo the paint.....

I am very interested in seeing and hearing how that turns out!
As I'm sure everyone else here is.
So, when your done, post some pics and any comments on the process used.

I would only use a water based acrylic paint for them. That is what I plan on using on mine. If you use oil based paints on it, as most are, it most likey will not dry.

Last edited by a moderator:
But then dont get caught in the rain...will all wash away?

Lynn,DM, thanks for the suggestions. Kylash, I was wondering the same thing. I am going to do a test. I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again,

Mike

"But then dont get caught in the rain...will all wash away?"

Huh????
Uhmmmm....... I don't think so..... Once it is dry, it is permanate. Although it will wear off after awhile just like regular oil based paint does.
I have been using water based acrylic paints on viynl models for years and never had had a problem with paint washing off......
Lynn

Well I just assumed that because it is WATER based that WATER would take it off... ^_^;

"Well I just assumed that because it is WATER based that WATER would take it off..."

Not once dry my friend.. ;)
I have been building viynl models for 12 years now and even the directions say that you can put larger modless in the shower to wash them off.

When your done painting I would give it a coat of testors dull or semi gloss clear to help protect it.

Lynn,
I took your advice, But instesd of testers I used Painters Touch clearcoat. It seems to be working fine!

Thanks a lot,

Mike

Here is a pic of MGR's painted Rubies holsters.

ViewImage.dll

Great job! It looks pretty good to me....

MGR
What color's did you use that looks great.What brand of paint also.
Im still looking for those darn things.

Eric

Lynn,
Thanks for posting the pic. I am very happy with the way they look.

Scarbrs,
The only place I have seen the holsters is online and in catalogs. As far as the paint type I'll get back with you on that. It was my wifes and I know she purchased it at Michaels Craft store.

Mike

Sweet, that looks great! Mine holsters should show up today or tomarrow. Mgr: that paint totally dried without being sticky at all? Was is spray or brush on paint?

Did you get the blasters with the holster?

Do you have to buy them seperately?

Do they have them as a set?

Scarbrs,
The paint is called Ceramcoat by Delta, the color is called candy bar.
Kylash,
I used a brush, I think if the holster gets a good scratch the paint might come off, but I have scratched it w/ my fingernail and none has come off yet. I would also assume that with time the paint bond will only get stronger. It was painted less than 24 hours ago.
Darkside,
The holster came w/ 2 guns. I know you can buy the guns separately, but I think the holster only coms with the guns.

Mike

Kylash,
I am waiting on my gauntlets. I still have to make my jet pack and back armor.
I can email pics if someone can post em.

Mike

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back