Jango Fett Belt/holster

Discussion in 'Jango Fett Costume' started by Prisoner032, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Prisoner032

Prisoner032 New Member

Hey Guys,

Im finaly taking the change to work on my first costume which is pretty exciting for me. There for I want to get started in building a Jango Fett belt/holster. Before I get started I want to have everything so that I can continue the whole way without having to wait for parts. Luckaly I am on my way and I have pretty much everything except the belt buckel. So my qeustions is are ther any good tutorials on how to make the belt/holster buckle of is there anybody who makes them?

2. Kdogg211187

Kdogg211187 Jr Member

Isn't Jango's holsters put together with just snaps, studs, and D-rings?

TheBobaFett likes this.
  3. Mullreel

Mullreel Well-Known Member

The belt really doesn't matter. It can not be seen and is never seen on the screen. Some makers use a nylon belt with a parachute clip for a buckle, this is probably the easiest way to go. I have a actual leather belt and traditional buckle.

4. Prisoner032

Prisoner032 New Member

Thanks for the reply! I really appreciate it.
    I toke a picture from Internet and made a ring around the part I’m looking for.
    After your message Kdogg I see that the side rings are indeed D-rings. how could I of missed that. Thanks!

72F2D51D-97BE-4084-BDD9-88E2C35A8A2F.jpeg

5. Kdogg211187

Kdogg211187 Jr Member

Oh that's the little codpiece loop I've been asking around for a template for. It's literally just a loop that the leather belt section goes through. Check out here for some close up pics of it.

Prisoner032 likes this.
  6. Prisoner032

Prisoner032 New Member

Its doesnt look hard, but I wont know where to start. Looks like half a circle. Flat om the back

7. Mullreel

Also don't use fan made pictures for your templates. Use screen grabs and pictures of the acutal suit. You don't want to use something that is wrong for your base.

Go to the gallery here on TDH and there are plenty of pictures.

8. Mullreel

Here are some pics of how I have mine set up........but again just use these as ideas. If you are going to make the items look heavily at the gallary and screen shots for your specifics.

2192.jpg
    2202or.jpg

Just for ideas......

hvacdon likes this.
  9. Prisoner032

Prisoner032 New Member

The paint jop is wicked!
    Thanks for the tips:D:D

10. A0050'sDad

A0050'sDad New Member

thanks for those pictures mate......I've been looking for them.

11. AgerCrusader

AgerCrusader New Member

Hey, Mullreel,

Can I ask, where did you get your gun holster from? Or was it self-made? I have everything else except the gun-holster themselves and nowhere online that I've looked sell decent looking ones..

12. Kdogg211187

Kdogg211187 Jr Member

Cruzer, DC Props, or Delta Leather Works makes holsters.

13. A0050'sDad

A0050'sDad New Member

Delta13 is where I got mine.

14. TheBobaFett

TheBobaFett Member

I recommend Cruzer, his are the best i've seen, I plan on going with his.

15. A0050'sDad

A0050'sDad New Member

Cruzer is doing other things for me, part of it is incorporating the leatherwork with my armour.

16. pecklez

pecklez Jr Member

i have cruzers belts/holster n so worth the wait they are just perfect u be so happy with them i have the harness(made by seeker) attached to the codpiece/belt to help with the non strangulation issue just had to age the edges abit to look worn look but looked so nice it was so hard to do it ....must like weathering nicely painted armour

A0050'sDad and TheBobaFett like this.
  17. pecklez

pecklez Jr Member

This is my armour n belts/holster by cruzer

20171205_095946.jpg

20171205_095845.jpg

20171205_095823.jpg

hvacdon and A0050'sDad like this.
  18. Mullreel

My holsters are Cruzers.

19. A0050'sDad

A0050'sDad New Member

I have a seeker harness also and wondered why there were the straps hanging down...... I was given the explanation, but your pix make it clear. Thanks

20. SirLars

SirLars Member

So is your Thights Armor only hold by the the screw in the Holster? I was already wondering how to attach my armor. I thought about velcro
    as well to secure it a little more.

21. Kdogg211187

Kdogg211187 Jr Member

The holster straps around the back of your thigh as well to hold the thigh armor in place. Some people also put 2 screws through the holster into the thigh armor.

22. SirLars

SirLars Member

That´s pretty smart. I will try this out.

23. Mullreel

The thigh armor is very secure with this method no velcro needed.

A0050'sDad likes this.
  24. remo032

remo032 Jr Member

I'm working on my Jango Holsters also but haven't been able to find the answers I'm seeking.
    For the lower strap (around the leg) how far up from the bottom tip of the holster should the strap be located (center line of the strap)? (holster is for MR Westars)
    How is the lower strap (around the leg) attached to the holster, Chicago screw, stitched, or glued?
    Last question for the upper two straps on the holster do they both attach to one Chicago screw, two separate Chicago screws, or some other way?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

25. bigkidbiggertoys

bigkidbiggertoys Well-Known Member

For about the cost of a good belt rig, I am selling all of my leather patterns and molds with samples and support. Build a couple of sets and recoup your cost.

See the Cargo Hold.