Rubber Knees v1

i'd even take black over orange... if your silver gets a scratch and it shows through orange, that will be pretty silly looking :)

black would at least look like a scuff.

Chris's reasoning which he made a very good point for is if they are the 'right' color orange, you just paint the dents and some overspray. then your paint wont likely crack. if you have to paint the wholt thing, your a lot more likely to get flaking and blistering if a full twist/ 90 degree bend happens.

I think that cold casting them may be the ticket. but that adds product, time, and failures to the mix.

The silver I use, unless you bend it past 45, to near 90, doesnt flake.

I agree I like black or silver. I pulled them in white resin, but all i have is an iphone to take pics with. So ill post them later, or in the morning. im warming the mold for rubber right now.

Orange with darts for international shipping please :)

Seriously tho - I dont care - Im still STUNNED with the interiors so if these are 1/4 as good Im VERY happy!

Glad you liked the foams:) Thee are pretty nice. They are extremely acurate knees, and extremely durable. Theres one seam im not happy with. Otherwise they are close to perfect. Its not terrible. just a hairline squiggly along the seam on one of the dart holders that id like to seee dissapear.

I think it will peel off without any difficulty. But it will take some time to do, as its only a half inch lng. Once thats off, everythings gold.

Im trying to figure out a good way to do the darts, so they are easy to secure. The rubber and or resin is machinable, so you can drill a hole (there are pre drilled insets for cleanness already) an stick maybe a threaded stem into it. But to do that. ill have to make copies of the darts with a threading on them. and they are really hard to demold:) did i mention that?

When you start making a signup list put me down for a set. After getting the helmet interiors there is no way in heck I would miss this run of knees!

Heres the first pull pics, as well as a 'prototype' dart. The darts will need to be re-molded to have a stem for mounting. But I wanted you to see the jist.

The signup / committment thread will be a seperate thread for simplicity.

Im doing one mass run on these. After that, the price may go up, as ill have to buy smaller quantities of rubber.

I sincerely hope you enjoy them. Descriptions will be in the othe thread.
rubberkneesv1.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back