Restoring the ILM Jango helmet

PIC11.jpg

PIC13.jpg

Were you able to get the seam on the first pic of the helmet to bend in?I couldn't tell because of where the flash is on it makes it hard to distinguish where it woulda been

That is correct. I just sanded until they where almost gone. I could have kept sanding but I was chicken and did not want to sand past the cold cast. Murphy is on my side.

Well it looks like you were able to get rid of it pretty good. You try what saint_nasty did with the polish? If so did it hide the seam even more? Also is the RF static I noticed that some of the work done on the ear appear to keep in the up position, or can you modify it. sorry for the question but i would like to plan on getting a helmet of yours sometime in the future here.

the hero helmet had a non-moving rf. and this helmet is a descendant of the hero. so no moving parts.

this is my first jango helmet, but with how easy it was to work with i highly recommend it.

the hero helmet had a non-moving rf. and this helmet is a descendant of the hero. so no moving parts.

this is my first jango helmet, but with how easy it was to work with i highly recommend it.

That's false, the Hero came from the same as this bucket but this bucket is a recast of the one used by the preproduction team. It has the same mother as the Hero but the hero was reworked a bit to do it more symetrical.

BTW, this helmet is the most accurate thing you can get nowadays ;)

(y)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back