Blaster Real Webley ROTJ EE3

DeathProof

Active Hunter
Hey everyone,

I have an opportunity to grab an authentic Webley No1 Mk1 flare gun.

The issue...is that I'm one of those ROTJ guys ;) From what I've researched, the ROTJ EE3 was cast, and not made from the original, and that the barrel was actually chopped off and replaced with something else.

Part of me wants to use real a Webley in this build, because of the obvious historical connection, but I don't want to go chopping off the barrel to do so.

What are these parts from? Is there a 'sleeve' that can fit over an existing barrel? I imagine there are 3D printable parts out there that would work.

ee3.jpg

I am by no means a Webley expert, but I had a ROTJ EE3 3D printed by Lazerjock using RafalFett’s models. In the picture below you can see my print of a Webley barrel along with the complete ROTJ barrel (one piece) above it. It simply slips over the original barrel. You could do the same if you were to get a real Webley buy just printing the additional parts and greeblies. RafalFett has all of them available.

9159043A-9788-4A45-BC9A-D14A07A1E1F2.jpeg

You may be able to order a barrel from Fieldmarshal, if the threading is the same you could unscrew the Webley barrel and replace it with the machined aluminum version

The FM barrel won't fit. Real Webleys don't have a thread-on barrel - it's all one piece

You may be able to order a barrel from Fieldmarshal, if the threading is the same you could unscrew the Webley barrel and replace it with the machined aluminum version

I don’t know if that sleeve was ever publicly identified but I’ve heard no one has had any luck finding the real world part. Would be cool though!

Thanks, guys. I’ve got access to a resin printer. Using Rafal’s files, I’m going to measure the exact diameter of the barrel, and mod just the ”sleeve” part to fit over the barrel.

Thanks, guys. I’ve got access to a resin printer. Using Rafal’s files, I’m going to measure the exact diameter of the barrel, and mod just the ”sleeve” part to fit over the barrel.
I’m not sure if you will really need to modify it at all. Mine is the RafalFett file and it slips right over the barrel section that is modeled after the real Webley barrel.

Ok, here it is :)

I will need to find a way to modify the barrel length. With ESB, they just added the flash hider. With ROTJ, it’s a chopped barrel with some kind of replacement.

Again, I don’t really want to chop the barrel. I want to keep the history of the piece In tact. I’m going to use magnets on the barrel greeblies, and e6000 on the stock greeblies (As it’s removable).

Biggest hurdle is finding a way to extend the barrel from the original.

Attachments

• 3D6677C5-089B-4FD3-9BF0-6BD38983E6FD.jpeg
    3D6677C5-089B-4FD3-9BF0-6BD38983E6FD.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 202
  • 4CB83D79-2052-40E7-A269-318746EFB8C8.jpeg
    4CB83D79-2052-40E7-A269-318746EFB8C8.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 269
  • A1CC0B2C-04EC-4913-9DEE-02CBD7A2C690.jpeg
    A1CC0B2C-04EC-4913-9DEE-02CBD7A2C690.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 194
I think what I will do is just create a full length sleeve of the barrel that will just slide over top the original.

The diameter of the barrel is 50.7mm, now to find an appropriate pipe :)

Congrats on the webley. Looks like this one has the correct variant D-bracket with the chamfers on the lug too. By chance could you share its date and serial number? Id be interested in additional photos of the bracket and any stampings on it for adding to my study on these as well if you'd be willing to share :)

Hey man!

I believe it’s a 1917 model. Serial 20894 is stamped by the trigger in a few places. I haven’t noticed any other stampings outside of the London Birmingham stamp, and the No 1 Mk 1 stamp. What shots do you need of the bracket? I apologize as I’ve already started priming it.

Just interested in any proof markings on the D-bracket itself really. Im studying these because I suspect these ones possibly came from a subcontractor or possibly from Mk IV leftovers or something similar, and that may be why they have the unique 3 chamfers present on the lugs compared to a lot of webleys out there. Proof markings on the bracket might help answer what factory they came from or if there's something more unique about them compared to others. I also have some fun theories regarding the hero ROTJ barrel that Im currently investigating, and will share more if it pans out

The trouble with this plan is that the barrel is not a set diameter, it gets smaller toward the tip end… the actual sleeve if you make one is nearly paper-thin at the gun-end. I made a mold from a resin rifle, then used the actual mk1 to fill the center when casting in the mold with a liquid plastic (covering the end of the mk1 so it didn’t fill with the plastic), and that gave a pretty good result (on the third or fourth attempt ). The added benefit of this is you get the special shape of the end piece. I’ll say further this is a great plan for a display EE3, but the weight of the brass of the actual mk1 makes trooping with it a real workout .

The trouble with this plan is that the barrel is not a set diameter, it gets smaller toward the tip end… the actual sleeve if you make one is nearly paper-thin at the gun-end. I made a mold from a resin rifle, then used the actual mk1 to fill the center when casting in the mold with a liquid plastic (covering the end of the mk1 so it didn’t fill with the plastic), and that gave a pretty good result (on the third or fourth attempt ). The added benefit of this is you get the special shape of the end piece. I’ll say further this is a great plan for a display EE3, but the weight of the brass of the actual mk1 makes trooping with it a real workout .

I got Rafal's files and he was kind enough to take off the t-tracks so I just had the tube. I'm making a few modifications to it for it to slide right on properly. His tube has the corrections for the tapering.

I've thought about the weight, but am happy to have something with more heft to it. I don't troop too long or too often anymore, so this should still work for me :)

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back