re-hash bucket

its a real bummer for sure. I ended up putting on some extra thick silicone rather than more thin layers (until now i didn't even realise you could buy different thicknesses of silicone).

i don't know what products you've got access to, but the stuff i bought is a thickener for existing silicone. the more you add, the thicker it gets.

mine was like peanut butter last night :)

:lol: i'll have this sucker finished by the weekend, see what you think and then if you like it i'll cast one for you :)

YAY!!! (y)

I'm sure it'll be fabulous and you'll have me drooling all over your inbox by next week!

That sounded so wrong :lol:

i don't know what products you've got access to, but the stuff i bought is a thickener for existing silicone. the more you add, the thicker it gets.

mine was like peanut butter last night :)

I use to add a thickening agent to mine but then my supplier shwed me sme pre thickened silicone, its the consistancy of, well as you said peanut butter.

Krupnik eh? *is deeply jealous*

:lol: i have been looking for this stuff for while now and a friend of mine was very kind to get me some from Poland (they owed me a small favour). I will always carry some on me at troops from now on and if we ever meet again you can try some :lol:

PM sent

Drinking on the job eh? So that's what all those pouches and pockets are for!
Nah, the pockets and pouches are for carrying all Star Wars DVDs around... The drinks are carried on the back...
Nice work, Ronin... It would seem the I am truly in need for one. I always thought that I need just one Fett helmet, but alas, I seem to be wrong.. It's nice to be wrong on this subject...
Now, when are you going to make 3-d poster of Brak's Fett helmet family tree?
-Just keep up the great work there! Cheers, Ville

only 90$ for that sweet i may have to take you up on that :)
btw i saw a youtube video of a guy making a halo helmet mold and he used a thickener and made struts so it would keep its shape

only 90$ for that sweet i may have to take you up on that :)
btw i saw a youtube video of a guy making a halo helmet mold and he used a thickener and made struts so it would keep its shape

Thanks for that Salty. I figured to let these go as cheap as i could whilst still paying for materials. I am not in it to make money, just to spread karma. Mine are not as good as some lids out there but for the money they are a half decent fibre glass lid :)

Mine are not as good as some lids out there but for the money they are a half decent fibre glass lid :)

Don't sell yourself short bruv!! these are really nice, hell I've seen 'allot' worse on the bay of fleas... for more money!
I can't wait to receive mine for my collection... ;)

Quick update, i have put my lid against my TF lid for comparison (mine is the messy lid / grey one :lol: )

Just tiny more bit of tidying

100_2436.jpg

100_2437.jpg

Rolling off the production line nicely now :)

At the moment I put two layers of gel coat down with a layer of fibreglass cloth followed by a layer of matting.

I have decided to still go with the two layers of gel coat, but then give it a good layer of resin mixed with micro fibres. Then followed by a layer of matting

Flo and Zoe, yours will be being pulled very soon :) In fact i will gel coating the next one this weekend :)

Picture 003.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back