Re-buildng/painting a Don Post Deluxe Boba Fett helmet

Progess on my Don Post Deluxe.
DSC_0850.JPG

Getting there.... Slowly

Jango666 - The time and effort that goes into painting a bucket is something most on here know and can appreciate.

By the looks of it, your work is certainly miles better that what ole Donnie boy was able to put on his mass produced buckets. I mean no disrespect to Mr. Post, in fact kudos his way for producing these helmets as I consider them a piece of history. But let’s be real, by today’s standards, there are better options out there.

I’m also a proud owner of a 95’ Don Post Helmet. I’ll also be giving it a much deserved paint job too.

-Iron

Hi there,
Didnt post for a while, but been working hard to complete the helmet.
Painting is done finaly. Its definetly not the best paintjob out here but im very satisfied with the end result.
Still need to put in the visor, MQ-1 and rangefinder. Did all the painting with Humbrol enamel paint. Im still thinking of seal it all up with a satin clear coat, but I can use some advise in that.
Its a ROTJ/SE version as you can see.

Attachments

• DSC_0900.JPG
    DSC_0900.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 170
  • DSC_0897.JPG
    DSC_0897.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 174
  • DSC_0896.JPG
    DSC_0896.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 157
  • DSC_0893.JPG
    DSC_0893.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 154
  • DSC_0891.JPG
    DSC_0891.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 163
  • DSC_0898.JPG
    DSC_0898.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 168
Jango666
To echo BudaFett , that paint job came out great! Miles better than what Mr. Post originally had on it. Because the helmet and it’s design came out those many years ago. Do we think that if DP came back into the arena, that he’d give his buckets better attention to detail?

Keep up the great work! And be sure to shoot us some picks with the newly installed Visor and Range Finder!

-Iron

Some great work here! Working on a repaint myself! Not quite finished yet, and I know the colours might not be exact, but I'm happy with him! Just gotta finish the left ear and range finder, and get a new visor. Anybody got a line on one? I can't seem to find anything cheaper than 25 bucks!

Attachments

• myfett4.jpg
    myfett4.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 75
  • myfett3.jpg
    myfett3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 68
  • myfett1.jpg
    myfett1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 73
  • myfett2.jpg
    myfett2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 73
Luciano
I've got a '95 Don Post helmet. My objective is to get this refinished as well for a display piece. For the visor, like Buda mentioned I got this which at the time of this writing is only $14.94......

I then fashioned a visor template out of card stock, made sure it fit the helmet and then transferred it onto the visor material and cut it out....
Don Post 5.jpg

To secure it, I think I'm gonna use Chicago Screws with epoxy.

Best of luck.
-Iron

Luciano
I've got a '95 Don Post helmet. My objective is to get this refinished as well for a display piece. For the visor, like Buda mentioned I got this which at the time of this writing is only $14.94......

I then fashioned a visor template out of card stock, made sure it fit the helmet and then transferred it onto the visor material and cut it out....
View attachment 232683
To secure it, I think I'm gonna use Chicago Screws with epoxy.

Best of luck.
-Iron
Thanks for the help-unfortunately with the exchange this visor comes to $26!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back