RafalFett's Boba Fett Helmet Template Project

Sorry i must v misunderstood i thort you were moding the WOFs.
So there for these are totaly you own work totaly new templates thats really cool
i comend your effort and dedication it must take absoult hours to do all that work.
I look forward to being able to use these to make one up out of plastic

When I started this thread, my intention was to alter or mod WOF's template, but then I realized that making a new set of templates would be more adequate. I only have my Boba Fett helmet made from WOF's templates and I don't have any other source (except TDH) from where I can get the helmet form and dimentions. So, to use reference images for the templates was the only way to do this. And I really like how it looks so far.

Respect!

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured as much when i was writing that,
It ocoured to me that you didnt have an actual helmet(not taking away from your previous make)
but becouse you dont you havnt been influenced by some one elses work and there for using the refrence pics
have managed to pull it of so good on you(y)
its good to see some one going a difrent rought

I figured as much when i was writing that,
It ocoured to me that you didnt have an actual helmet(not taking away from your previous make)
but becouse you dont you havnt been influenced by some one elses work and there for using the refrence pics
have managed to pull it of so good on you(y)
its good to see some one going a difrent rought

I can't say that I wasn't influenced by Alan's great templates and I think that the steps to build the helmet will be the same as that used on his helmets. For first I tried to alter those templates, but there are so many differences that a new set of templates were the only way to do it. As you can see in this thread, I made the helmet form using reference images, then made the 'face template' using that stretched image made from different positions of the AoSW helmet. The dome was made also with the same system: the dome form using the ref images, then made each dome slice using trial and error. I just hope that the finished helmet will be as close as can be to the real one.

Respect!

Today we will witness the rewriting of the Boba Fett helmet history. After many weeks, or I can say months, I managed to dig out this amazing piece of history: THE UGLY HELMET!!!

dsc05368c.jpg dsc05369j.jpg dsc05370f.jpg dsc05372r.jpg dsc05375uv.jpg

I'll be serious now.

I made the helmet using cardboard for packing boxes, this is why this helmet looks ugly. But I wanted to do this to see if the 1:1 templates will fit well. As you can see, the left ear is the one from post No. 57 and is holded in place with duct tape. The overall look is good, and the dome came out really well.

Until now I made the bad helmet (prototype 1 - the scaled down red helmet), the ugly (prototype 2 - this 1:1 helmet) and the next will be (I hope) the good helmet.

Don't hold it for yourself and say what you think about this helmet.

Respect!

dsc05375uv.jpg

dsc05372r.jpg

dsc05370f.jpg

dsc05369j.jpg

dsc05368c.jpg

I made some comparison images with the ESB hero helmet versus the RWH (Rafal Works Helmet) Prototype No. 2 to see if the proportions are good enough. I think the cardboard I choosed to build this prototype was a bad idea, but helped to get really fast an 1:1 helmet. Boy, that's one ugly helmet...

esbcomprwhprot2.jpg

Respect!

esbcomprwhprot2.jpg

Dude that is crazy awesome. I am very impressed. Must have taken a lot of patience. Consider yourself probably the 1st person ever to have a screen accurate Cardboard Boba Fett helmet! Hahaha! I like it. So what's the next step?

Dude that is crazy awesome. I am very impressed. Must have taken a lot of patience. Consider yourself probably the 1st person ever to have a screen accurate Cardboard Boba Fett helmet! Hahaha! I like it. So what's the next step?

Thanks a lot, mhlayne! Altough the second prototype is looking good (except that ugly cardboard) there are a lot of things to do before it can be named screen accurate cardboard helmet. I have to redo the paint and scratches set to fit my templates and I must correct the dome shape at least to look like the one on the red prototype.

Respect!

I managed to get some measurements of the movie sized helmet using reference images from the gallery, my templates, some comparison of TK409 Mystery Helmet Measurements and (sadly) poor information that you can find here on TDH. I think that most of these values ar ok but I may be wrong.

So, here they are.

frontsidemeasurements.jpg rightsidemeasurements.jpg rearsidemeasurements.jpg leftsidemeasurements.jpg earmeasurements.jpg cheekbonemeasurements.jpg RF Stalk Measurement.jpg

I hope that some of you may do some measurements of the 'real helmets' to get some values for comparisons.

Respect!

cheekbonemeasurements.jpg

earmeasurements.jpg

leftsidemeasurements.jpg

rearsidemeasurements.jpg

rightsidemeasurements.jpg

frontsidemeasurements.jpg

RF Stalk Measurement.jpg

Dude you have really nailed it those mesurments are , from what i can tell perfect,,

And i look forward to making a helmet up with them

Well, today is a big day for me! I managed to finish the templates, altough this isn't 100% done. There's some tweaking needed, but as a whole it's ok...

Have fun with the assembly and don't hesitate to ask for help. Most of the parts are assembled the way others did on TDH. Best of them is AntMan! (in my opinion)

Update
--------------
The template files are in this thread Rafal Works Helmet (RWH) Templates.

Respect!

Just got a load of cardboard the other day. Now what shall I do with it? Hmmmmm.

Fantastic work. I've really enjoyed following this thread. New scratchbuild coming up. I just need more hours in my day!

Just got a load of cardboard the other day. Now what shall I do with it? Hmmmmm.

Fantastic work. I've really enjoyed following this thread. New scratchbuild coming up. I just need more hours in my day!

Good to hear this! I eagerly await to see your scratch build started. If you need any tips, don't hesitate to post here, or at your own thread...

Respect!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back