Official Jet Pack Rocket/Missile

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
If someone has and extra rocket, I would love to purchase it from them. Please let me know if some one has one. PM me to let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey man, if you could, maybe post some pics of what the rocket and pack looks like, so we can see what you are dealing with...maybe that way someone can walk you thru the steps to correct it. Or very least see how the rocket is attached to maybe help replace it.:)

The thing is that there are only a few JP kits that are available, one of which you have purchased. I'm not sure that there are spare parts available, but I can understand you wanting to buy one so that you can quickly replace it for the one you have now. It's easy for a few of us to just say slap some bondo on the thing and fix it, when it may not be as easy as it all seems, but building the kit requires some work, and getting the parts as accurate you want needs a little work. If you're concerned about the time issue and would like the security of having a complete part in a short amount of time, I would only suggest that you at least attempt to improve the one you have now, only because if you can't find a replacement, you at least have something to use. It may not be as accurate as you would like it to be, but it would be better then having nothing and trying to fix it at the last minute :D

If you do use bondo be careful not to put to much hardener. The first time I used bondo I put the recommend amount and it hardened before I could use it. It takes some time to get used to how much you should use. And don't underestimate your self. You will be amazed what you can do if you just stick with it and don't give up. Trial and error is the best way to learn. :D

I'm pretty sure I have the same JP kit as you. It requires some work, but it can be saved. The rocket is over-sized anyways so I would cut it into sections & work on each section individually. The rocket fins can easily be replaced with some sintra or styrene glued into a channel. The mis-shapen cap piece just below this could be cut off & tossed & replaced with a water bottle cap. The booster section can be sanded round with some perserverance. You could also hook it into a drill press & use this as a makeshift lathe to work it out. The last section that belongs right above the JP body can be replaced with a plumbing pipe reducer. Lastly, all pieces can have a hole drill & nut glued in so the pieces will thread together.

Or you could buy a replacement rocket but the one that I purchased needed almost as much work done to it & I ended up cutting it into sections & rebuilding it anyway.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

I will get some pics posted tonight, I still have a long time to get it finished. But I have never done anything like this before, I am affraid that I will mess it up.

hey its all good man, you are among good Fett people now, I didn't know what I was doing or getting into with this like 2 years ago, but you learn great stuff here on this board, hopefully we can walk you through your dilemma, and maybe buy some scrap sintra pieces to test on (a local sign shop should have some), that way you can get a feel for sanding, and mixing stuff like Bondo, and heavy glues. It takes practice, a little patience, and a love for Fett, but its all worth man!
Keep us posted on where you are at with it:)

Unfortunately, all of the rockets he makes are identcal to yours. I saw another GA kit that had a MLC rocket section on it. It looked really good & it would cut the weight of the finished JP in half if you could acquire one of these.

I also have a GA jet pack and my rocket is also a little oval
but it doesn’t disturb me. It’s anyway a not particularly good jet pack. It’s heavy and not very accurate.
But a good point is that it’s a lot cheaper than the really good and expensive ones. Let’s face it: The GA jet pack is meant for newbies.

Ok I have an individual who is going to sell me an MLC rocket. He said it is one whole piece. But he doesn't know how well it will work with my pack if it is to big or not. He said it is a really good piece.

So do you think that it would work with the pack that I have?

I've got an extra rocket...because I ran into the same problem with my GA pack as you. ;) I'm waiting for my Richies rocket to arrive so I can't tell you how your MB will work, but let us know. As if my rocket is too big, I'll be in the market again.

Shawn

If you are making a Boba pack, it will look fine. Weathering will detract your eyes from any inconsistencies.

Yea it is going to be a Boba Pack, but I still am going to try to make my own, so maybe it will be lighter, and maybe somewhere along the way, I will be able to buy one.

Hi guys
im new to the forums...

was reading around trying to find the best way to build a rocket but im having a little difficulty.

i purchased a jet pack off ebay, however it was a jango pack, and didnt come with side thrusters or rocket/missle...

im currently building one out of fibreglass and cardboard... the shape of it looks ok, but if u observe it with lots of effort you will notice that it is not perfectly round... still sif anyone will be able to notice but im very fussy...
just incase it doesnt turn out right and i smash it to bits in a fit of prop building rage :) what are the best things out there that will help me to build the missile ?

the cones im using at the moment, were built using cardboard circles, at the top and bottom of the cone, and then inserting a rod through the middle of each. it kind of looks like a dumbbell if you get me. then i got a sheet of paper and basically formed a cone around the circles, and once the fit was tight i taped it into place and trimmed around the outside. i then made a template of this cone (using the same method as before). this way if i joined the template together it would make a perfect fit of the cone. the template was then transfered to fibreglass matting, cut out, soaked in resin/catalyst, and then wrapped around the cone pieces... im still waiting for it all to dry. will keep you all informed, as to how it turned out.

until then please post up any materials you know of that make excellent cones for the missile

For a list of components for the rocket and thrusters, try this site:
http://www.con-centric.com/fett/jet pack.htm

Here's what I used to pull mine together (starting at the top):

>Tip of the missile: I took a conical, paper drinking cup and copied it in resin.
>Next, 2" PVC connector
>Next, the gopher poison funnel
>Next, a 1" PVC connector
>Next, I combined a 3" to 1" PVC reducer and a plastic kids cup from Chili's - I cut off the excess of the reducer and filled the sides with bondo.
>Then I used a 1" PVC to screw-on adapter.

I filled the gopher poison container and cup full of expanding foam to make it more solid.

Best thing to do, is to the take the drawing on the website above and go to HD or Lowes. Pick up the Gopher Poison, then walk to the PVC fittings. There, play around with the different PVC pieces and make something that works for you.

I used the cone from a McDonalds Superhero cup...(from a happy meal available about 6 months ago.
Then a Bi-Lo homebrand BBQ sauce bottle (upside down), and a waterspray bottle.
They were all threaded onto a length of PVC pipe.

See pix at
http://photos.yahoo.com/darthbish

hey bish just got your PM
nice stuff dude i like ur suit
what helmet and jet pack are you using...

hey il have to go out and buy that stuff u just mentioned for the rocket... mmmm dont have that maccas cup however :/

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back