Official Jet Pack Harness

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
I understand...

Although I do not think BF built it from scratch, he modified it quite a bit. I only included the link because I though his measurements and drawings would be very useful for anyone looking to buid their own.

I plan on building my own based info when I get there based on BF's design. I would think it would not be that hard with a vice, rubber mallet, and a torch to heat the metal.

Just my two bits.

Loranar

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can find a sheet metal shop, they could bend it for you. I had a sheet metal shop use a conduit bender--didn't have to heat it or anything and it looks pretty damn good.

It isn't too hard to bend, it just has a tendency to crimp if the tubing wall is too thin, then you need a tubing bender that looks like a giant spring. It fits over the tube so that it doesn't kink when you bend it. If you get thicker walled tubing, it gets harder, heating helps, but then you need something to bend it around to get a consistant shape.

hey, how thick are the straps comming out of the backplate? are they tan, or a greyish tan? also, does anyone have the measurements for the square metal rings? i saw some at the fabric store today, but, wasn't sure what size to get.
~Michael

has anyone completed this harness since the last post? I need a harness but I'm not liking the all-nylon one (like TK409 sports - no offence :D). I would really like to hear if someone has built the above harness

thanks

I didnt tackle that project. I bought a canvas army vest and modified it. I sewed a sleeve together with heavy matting to my flightsuit on the shoulders to cusion the nylon strapes since there was 0 padding on it. I then went and got some heavy canvas in a light tan and redid the entire harness all over agian the side velcro closures. Its not the best thing out there but it works. I can slid my backplate up and down freely to, it doesnt pull on it at all.

Here is the design implemented. Eh, like I said isnt prefect but it works. I still need to add a lower false belt for the scuda buckle.

Has anyone used a hunter's tree stand harness? I have two and they can be adjusted to go around the chest with no problems. They end up look almost exactly like TK-409s homebuilt harness.

Here's my harness system
It isn't screen accurate by any stretch of the imagination
But, it is functional, durable, and above all, COMFORTABLE !
Oh yeah, you can wash it too ;)
fettarmour029ho8.th.jpg

the left side of the pic is your back, the right side is the chest piece

Slip your head thru the hole, pull the straps from the back around to your chest and that's it
you vest hides the whole thing, and the buckle slip thru slots in your vest

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back