Now for my Jango

Saxter, Thanks for the reply.

As for the muscle suit, it's a good idea but the I would suggest some foam padding on the vest itself. Takes off the step needed to wear a musclesuit, and then the jumpsuit and then vest. Cuts it down to 2 layers, instead of the 3. :)

Still overall, a nice setup bro, padding aside, if you're still growing, no worries. But if you've hit your mark, then I would suggest taking the flightsuit to the tailor and having it tighten down alittle more. It'll take off some of the 'crumples' and excess cloth bunches when strapped.

IMHO, a perfect fitting jumpsuit would make a world of a difference in the overall look. :)

Anyhow, in a nutshell, nice work on the suit! Thanks for sharing!

Stay safe,

Tim.

Thanks for the compliment, and advice.

I agree, the musclesuit, will only make it warmer to wear. I should have some padding lying around my costume storage area.

As far as a Jumpsuit, I am sure I will buy a decent one from one of the great makers we have on the boards, one better to my measurements. I can always mess with the current jumpsuit by tailoring it down a bit, I am decent at sewing, and I have a sewing machine, so why not use it right?! But in the end a better jumpsuit may be in order.

Looks a lot better than the first pictures, and Steelblitz was right on the money with his tips. I especially want to underline the first two ones regarding belt, girth and cod piece. Should be easy enough to correct, vest is another issue though, which I will leave up to you and others with more vest experience.

-Fasten your ammo belt to your girth belt with Chicago screws hidden by the pouches.
-Fasten the cod piece to the girth belt also and have the ends of the cod piece tucked under the girth belt most of the way.
-Vest still looks rather large on you. It’s got some pretty big wrinkles right above the girth belt and on the sides. But I am familiar with how that happens when trying to dress yourself, the same thing happens to me. Shoulders look large for your frame also and even all the armor on the chest looks big on you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, in the newest pics, I think the jumpsuit color looks baller. I would just take it to a tailor and have it altered to fit.
The vest does seem to be a problem, color and fit-wise. A tailor can fix the shoulders to correct the size. A few thin layers of acrylics could probably fix the color as well.
The new pics are excellent.
Very well done!!!
OSK

Thanks

norris.jpg

I agree, that jumpsuit color rocks! :eek: I wish I needed padding to fill out a costume, instead I got stuck with a bunch of excess "natural padding". :lol:

Very nice suit, just needs a little tailoring on the vest and maybe some trimming on the chest/shoulders.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the vest being too big, the only thing big on it is the shoulders, it fits me like a glove, I gave my measurements and it came to me the way it did(not saying the maker didn't do a great job). As far as it looking like a kid in a adult costume, I don't have a huge upper body. Not everyone is perfect to wear certain costumes, but people who are larger than a normal Fett or smaller than a normal Fett still do this costume.

I see that u are using our vests!

Although we followed the measurements provided, There could be some mismeasurements on your part (not easy to get it right if u are not a tailor).

But since u have it with you now, you can check wads the parts u need to nip-tuck. U can pm me and i can arrange to make alterations for a small fee, so that u can be all preped and ready to roll as jango!

Dun worry too mch on the criticisms; take what u think u need to alter and dun bother too much on the harsher, none-construtive ones.

Having jango's Body size (or for any character you want to costume as) is a plain bonus. I have seen oversized biker scouts, but have great work done on the suit. We cant stop them can we? We are all fans~

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back