NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list!

Got my harness. Seriously impressive work fellas! There are very few things I have been able to be 100% happy with the accuracy of. This harness is one of those things. Great work Gino, Gav, and Rob!

Got my harness. Seriously impressive work fellas! There are very few things I have been able to be 100% happy with the accuracy of. This harness is one of those things. Great work Gino, Gav, and Rob!

Wow! cheers Keegan... I think we have all strived to make 'THE' harness that need never be upgraded! good to know we succeeded. ;)
I have also PM'd several guys that were on the list...

ugh..i want one of these...but dunno when ill have $300 beans to let go. Lord willing you will still have one when i can get the cash!

I dont think it has been. There are pics of it, which is how Gav n co got to this point, but i dont think the original was discovered yet. Ive heard people say it could be an diving oxygen tank harness or a fire dept oxygen tank harness. The diver buckle may have been part of the reason it was thought to be a divers oxygen tank harness, but as far as i know, so far, it has not been discovered.

D V: Thanks. I met a scuba instructor this week who has been in the business since 1956. He said he has never seen a dive harness like the one used for the costume. I dug through a bunch of old stuff he had. Nothing was even close. It does resemble some fire tank harnesses I found on-line.

Yea i remember it looking really similar to a couple of fire tank harnesses but i dont think anyone has found a match yet! Would be awesome if we did! The folks on here have discovered some crazy stuff over the years!

Mojo's is the most accurate to the reference photos with BooBooFetts being a close second. Kcr7pr's isnt dead on accurate, but its the same type and made from aluminum which is WAY lighter! I actually own a BBF one and have one of Kcr7pr's here, and the weight difference is great..probably half the weight at least. Currently i think he is the only one making this type of harness.

Yea i remember it looking really similar to a couple of fire tank harnesses but i dont think anyone has found a match yet! Would be awesome if we did! The folks on here have doscovered some crazy stuff over the years!

he weighed it in his thread i think he said iwas about 1.5ish pounds. I have both of them here right now..the Kcr7pr one is WAY lighter. I think i may take comparison pics just in case anyone wants them. The BBF one is mine the Kcr7pr one is not, so it wont be here long :)

Working on my own, though locally sourced work and supplies scrounged thanks to Ye Olde Internet. I'm doing essentially the Supertrooper version. I've got 1-7/8" nylon SCUBA strapping that's close to the original, even if the weave doesn't have the correct diagonal grain to it. I found a place in the UK that has perfect 40mm white cotton strapping, with the correct weave, even. I'll post up a picture tomorrow. It fits the pack-hook rings perfectly. Those and the rest of the buckles and rings so far I got from FullMetalFett, and they're bloody brilliant.

So here's my question. Those upper pack straps... I know they look through the ring and are riveted. I know the other end is rigorously sewn to the main straps. But there's a gray area there. Is that strap completely doubled -- one length folded in half and ends lined up, with that stitched down, and then riveted closer to the ring? Or does the bit fed through the ring end short of the upper portion, closer to where it's riveted? I'm hoping another set of eyes or three squinting at the few images we have of visible pack straps will turn up a semi-clear answer.

--Jonah

Ah, well. Was hoping someone would have opined on this. *heh*

Here's what I've got so far:

DSC00183_zps20a1adb9.jpg

White, I know. It's cotton, and I have dye. I am emulating the Supertrooper style, but I reserve the right to rivet it it at some point if unriveted proves problematic (I will, of course, leave it unriveted for my actual Supertrooper costume). Compare to the original:

Probably not exact enough for Gino, but I'm happy with it. 40mm wide and the rain of the weave looks good. But I still need an idea how to sew the ends...

--Jonah

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back