New Target Boba Fett helmet released

I assume some others have seen the little Rubies logo on the corner of the box?
I think so. It has been established that our is indeed a Rubies.

I think there's also a sticker in the inside of the helmet itself.

For the Stormtrooper it's part of the cast.

Sent from my SM-G900P

I'm awaiting delivery of the two I have on order. So far from what has been shown in the three separate threads in this helmet:
-the dimensions of the bucket itself look pretty good. In my opinion from photos, the dome may be slightly shorter, but only a bit if any
-the RF stalk is too short and the RF topper is flat on top instead of beveled and is missing the LEDs.
-the bottom width of the mandibles seems a bit too wide
-the ears look fantastic
-the detail inside the dent is not very accurate, but only fellow TDH folks would notice.
-the vents on the back need to be cut out (same as on any cold cast or fiberglass buckets much more expensive)
All in all, this helmet still seems by far to be the best low budget option.
I plan on swapping out the RF stalk and topper with the correct parts, replacing the visor with a correctly shaded one of thicker material and doing a layered Humbrol airbrush paint job.
I have an ASOK (RIP buddy, you are missed), a fiber glass Fettpride, and a near mint Master Replicas. For my money, it depends on what you want. I will be stoked to fix the things I've mentioned (I may have to tweak/add some of the physical damage) and then give it a proper layered ESB paint job.

Damn you guys in the US are lucky, on a serious not if anyone has one they could ship to the UK that would be awsome, I could do with second helmet for trooping etc..

I'm awaiting delivery of the two I have on order. So far from what has been shown in the three separate threads in this helmet:
-the dimensions of the bucket itself look pretty good. In my opinion from photos, the dome may be slightly shorter, but only a bit if any
-the RF stalk is too short and the RF topper is flat on top instead of beveled and is missing the LEDs.
-the bottom width of the mandibles seems a bit too wide
-the ears look fantastic
-the detail inside the dent is not very accurate, but only fellow TDH folks would notice.
-the vents on the back need to be cut out (same as on any cold cast or fiberglass buckets much more expensive)
All in all, this helmet still seems by far to be the best low budget option.
I plan on swapping out the RF stalk and topper with the correct parts, replacing the visor with a correctly shaded one of thicker material and doing a layered Humbrol airbrush paint job.
I have an ASOK (RIP buddy, you are missed), a fiber glass Fettpride, and a near mint Master Replicas. For my money, it depends on what you want. I will be stoked to fix the things I've mentioned (I may have to tweak/add some of the physical damage) and then give it a proper layered ESB paint job.
It is mildly frustrating that there are three separate threads for one topic, but I guess that's the way it goes.

Wouldn't be the first time it happened, huh?

Sent from my SM-G900P

Okay, besides listing what is wrong with it, can you list suggestions on the processes and materials to 'fix' them? I'm a newbie and want to upgrade this correctly. For instance, its been said that it is thin and needs reinforcing. Okay, how?? Thanks!

Good question. I'll let everyone know as soon as I receive mine. It looks like the first real trick will be to figure out what can be bonded to the inside. If the helmet is truly thin or brittle, then a properly sized and anchored florists ring could be shaped to reinforce near the bottom circumference of the helmet. With the properly shaded visor in place, it would be invisible from the outside. However, I will wait and see. Then I'll make a post on my build and any necessary mods.

Okay, besides listing what is wrong with it, can you list suggestions on the processes and materials to 'fix' them? I'm a newbie and want to upgrade this correctly. For instance, its been said that it is thin and needs reinforcing. Okay, how?? Thanks!

I'm thinking some sanding with low grit, then rondo-ing the inside with fiberglass would do the trick. Another guy tried some sort of epoxy putty, I think, but I feel as though rondo (mix of resin and bondo) would really stick.

Hey guys, I'm new here, just joined when I heard about these Target helmets on the RPF so I could learn how the pros on TDH paint them. I'm finally (nearly) done painting my Target Boba. Wow, that took a lot longer than expected. Gives me a lot of respect for you guys who do these so well here on TDH (looking at you, Superjedi). I may still shorten the RF stalk a bit (I extened it with K+S brass rectangular tubing, but may have overdone it slightly) and add a bit more general weathering and missed details, but it's been a fun project! I used mainly Model Master enamels, since I don't really have any experience with them. Tried to get the right colors off the shelf, but ended up having to mix most of them, and still didn't quite hit them on the nose. As a learning project, though, I feel it went pretty well. Who knows, I may repaint the whole thing one day, haha.

Mainly a topical paint job. I used a combination of templates from Rich D and RafalFett as a guide for the first pass of color in each zone, and freehanded the subsequent layers, so nothing's truly exact. I stenciled the decals by transferring templates to blue tape with graphite paper, which turned out to be a really easy easy to get them done. I haven't decided how I want to tint the visor yet, so there's just a piece of fabric behind it for now.

The dent shape was corrected somewhat with Apoxie sculpt. At some point, I'd like to fix the shape of the RF, too. Anyway, just posting to say thanks for the incredible resource, TDH!

20150921-IMG_9985_zpswmxl1uyv.jpg 20150921-IMG_9986_zpsaudltikz.jpg 20150921-IMG_9989_zpsmozw98cz.jpg 20150921-IMG_9990_zpsjvhs8bcq.jpg

20150921-IMG_9985_zpswmxl1uyv.jpg

20150921-IMG_9986_zpsaudltikz.jpg

20150921-IMG_9989_zpsmozw98cz.jpg

20150921-IMG_9990_zpsjvhs8bcq.jpg

Hey guys, I'm new here, just joined when I heard about these Target helmets on the RPF so I could learn how the pros on TDH paint them. I'm finally (nearly) done painting my Target Boba. Wow, that took a lot longer than expected. Gives me a lot of respect for you guys who do these so well here on TDH (looking at you, Superjedi). I may still shorten the RF stalk a bit (I extened it with K+S brass rectangular tubing, but may have overdone it slightly) and add a bit more general weathering and missed details, but it's been a fun project! I used mainly Model Master enamels, since I don't really have any experience with them. Tried to get the right colors off the shelf, but ended up having to mix most of them, and still didn't quite hit them on the nose. As a learning project, though, I feel it went pretty well. Who knows, I may repaint the whole thing one day, haha.

Mainly a topical paint job. I used a combination of templates from Rich D and RafalFett as a guide for the first pass of color in each zone, and freehanded the subsequent layers, so nothing's truly exact. I stenciled the decals by transferring templates to blue tape with graphite paper, which turned out to be a really easy easy to get them done. I haven't decided how I want to tint the visor yet, so there's just a piece of fabric behind it for now.

The dent shape was corrected somewhat with Apoxie sculpt. At some point, I'd like to fix the shape of the RF, too. Anyway, just posting to say thanks for the incredible resource, TDH!

View attachment 92300 View attachment 92301 View attachment 92302 View attachment 92303
Wow, absolutely incredible paint job! Nicely done!

Hopefully you'll stick around, nice to have new blood!

If any one can ship to the uk...I'm sure lot's of us would be really greatful. I have a Rubies already that I've pained and am really pleased with, but I could always use a spare (especially as I dropped mine yesterday and broke the rangefinder !!!) and these are a really good helmet fo rthe price .

New to the forum and picked up a few of these. I'm also working on a RAFAL-works cardboard/fiber glass/bondo scratch build.
Now to these target buckets. Can someone give some advice how to reinforce the insides of these.
I just laid down fiberglass inside my scratch build and it really heats up. Would that melt the plastic on the target buckets?
Thanks in advance. Can't wait to mess around with these!!!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back