New Target Boba Fett helmet released

Postman, you need to keep trying, my wife has been hunting a Kylo Ren helmet for my son for days/nights, same messages from Target website, she finally got it this morning

Added it to the other thread but here it is next to a DVH ESB one
6FF0EFB7-32F8-4933-92B2-6041CCB569BD.jpg

Added it to the other thread but here it is next to a DVH ESB one
6FF0EFB7-32F8-4933-92B2-6041CCB569BD.jpg

I love the little smiley face you put in the visor.

Also, the dent on the Target helmet is weird. It's the first thing I noticed about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahah. That is as far as I got with the DVH one- wanted to seem like I made some progress . The dent , amongst a lot of things isn't correct- it is kinda smooth. The thing clearly isn't accurate but will work for a lot of people who just want to have something... Something that is kinda close and makes them happy or fits their budget. Compared to most mass produced helmets I think it is ok - purists will hate it and pick it apart but the target ( no pun intended ) audience is the general public - not a small sliver of the population who know what the dent is supposed to look like. I am going to tint the visor and see how that goes since it is kinda transparent

Mine came in today. First of all. This is a TOY. This is not a helmet for grown ups to troop in.

Now with that said, I am happy with it for $30. I plan to paint mine up as a custom mando for my kid to wear for Halloween. For that type of thing or for a kids Boba Fett I think this helmet will work well. If you are an adult who is serious about making a troopable kit save your money. If you want to play with a cool toy helmet then this is it.

Been lurking for some time and finally starting to get some things together for what will ideally end up being a Jango setup for me and a youth sized Boba for my seven year old. Love all the info and tips provided here. I'm reading like a mad man. I assume this helmet (acknowledging the inaccuracies) wouldn't work well size-wise for a seven year old?

I think it would look really big on a child's head... You could pad the interior a ton to physically fit them but it may still end up looking like a Bobblehead...

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is on my head FettRx...
EFAFEABC-65F9-4B57-A368-D14C2EE9FB52.jpg

Mine came in today. First of all. This is a TOY. This is not a helmet for grown ups to troop in.

Now with that said, I am happy with it for $30. I plan to paint mine up as a custom mando for my kid to wear for Halloween. For that type of thing or for a kids Boba Fett I think this helmet will work well. If you are an adult who is serious about making a troopable kit save your money. If you want to play with a cool toy helmet then this is it.

Perhaps, but not all of us have the dough to shell out $200-300 for a good bucket. I get what your saying, and I know this isn't the hobby for the tight wallet, but it sorta can be. It's full size, and for an additional $20-30 it can definitely be field worthy.

So for a total of $60 or less, a broke guy, like me, can have a very serviceable helmet. I'm currently using a modified Hasbro, though, so shows how much I care about replica accuracy.

Definitely not for the purist, alright for the hobbyist, perfect for the pump'n'dump costume.

I'm not sure I get all the hate, plenty of guys mock up their buckets using foam, cardboard, etc...I see nothing wrong or nothing to argue that this couldn't be a very presentable helmet. Awaiting one to pop up with a decent paint job.

I painted mine up over the last two days. Just letting it all settle over night before I remove all the masking tape and fluid.

I didn't exactly go for accuracy.. Picked a few kinda close colors, and threw some weathering down in areas that are almost where they should be...I'm sure some of you are yelling at me through your computer screens right about now! Ha!

The point is, for $30 and some extra paint I had around, I've got something that looks pretty darn cool.

Obviously if someone wants to pay $200 and up for a near perfect replica, that's awesome and they will definitely get their money's worth... For a dude like me however, if it looks cool... I'm over the moon... Accurate bucket or not, accurate paint or not... It looks cool. :)

The only thing I'm bothered about is the ridiculously short range finder. It looks so weird.

Postman, you need to keep trying, my wife has been hunting a Kylo Ren helmet for my son for days/nights, same messages from Target website, she finally got it this morning

After I read you answer, I tried again. They are in stock again. Now I only have to get a Feedback for a shipping quote to Germany. Hope, they will ship to Europe too!

Thank you EAGC!!
Silverstalker: This could be interesting for you, sitting in the U.K.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to order another one for a friend . It was listed as out of stock online yet ok for in store pickup -which I know there weren't any on the shelves. I ordered it for in store pick up and will be picking it up today. Someone else had the same issue and said they had kept them all in the stock room. So it may not hurt to try the in store pick up option on the web site ( for those close to a store). Says it gives you 4 days to pick it up as well.

I'm not sure I get all the hate, plenty of guys mock up their buckets using foam, cardboard, etc...I see nothing wrong or nothing to argue that this couldn't be a very presentable helmet. Awaiting one to pop up with a decent paint job.

I can understand why the prop replica enthusiasts hate this kind of thing. There's a little disconnect here..the rest of us just like seeing accessible Boba Fett stuff in the mainstream even if it's not completely accurate.

Been lurking for some time and finally starting to get some things together for what will ideally end up being a Jango setup for me and a youth sized Boba for my seven year old. Love all the info and tips provided here. I'm reading like a mad man. I assume this helmet (acknowledging the inaccuracies) wouldn't work well size-wise for a seven year old?

The Target helmet is enormous on my 7 year old. It may be toy-like in construction as others have stated, but it's quite adult sized.

I scaled down the pdf for Rafalfett's V2 templates in my printer driver to 92% for my scratch build...plus he has a little room to grow.

0830151313b.jpg

After I read you answer, I tried again. They are in stock again. Now I only have to get a Feedback for a shipping quote to Germany. Hope, they will ship to Europe too!

Thank you EAGC!!
@Silverstalker: This could be interesting for you, sitting in the U.K.

I doubt I will ever see one in the UK, $30 is like £23, thats just mad price for something 5 or 6 years ago would have be inconceivable to obtain... screen accurate no, with the right paint job would it wow people hell yes...

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back