NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume

ok. dont forget. duckcloth. they have black, tan, camel off white and white for choices.

its got to the be the super walmart like the one off of 75th ave and mcdowell with a fabric section.

prewash it. youll need about a yard.

I have a super Wal*Mart down where I live around 19th and Bell not sure. But that's where I went to get some supplies for the armor. I'm going to return to get the paint.

Yeah there is really nothing for me to post at the moment guys. I am starting up at PVCC tomorrow which is indeed a good thing. But as a small update with the cardboard that I'm working on (which will probally be handed over to my nephew after I get the other stuff) I managed to get it all set up with a smoother surface of the cereal box's. They look really good. When I get the chance I'll post them up. But for now nothing is really going on at the moment.

I'm waiting to get my Jango helmet and the other armor. So pretty much that is it aside from painting which I'll probaly begin on my weapon soon as I get over to Super Wal*Mart where I live. And those wireless adapters I'm going to pry those open tomorrow after class. I'm just glad I only got one class on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. It gives me time to do stuff afterwards.

I assume PVCC is community college? IF so, good going, I did the CC thing back in the day, and never finished... I did get certifications for CNA then LVN, and am a Licensed vocational Nurse (or LVN=Least Valued Nurse ;) ).
I am getting my prereq's out of the way via CLEP and Dantes tests, and will hopefully get my BSN and become an RN (Retarded Nurse :) ) in about a year or two.

Take your time on the armor Vod, I am chugging along, I just asked the sister-in-law if she would sew my industrial velcro on to my vest and she agreed, cool.

Good luck in your college and will wait patiently for updates on the armor.

Adonian: my wife's doing the same route for her professional education! lol

CC720: Like Adonian said... keep chuggin' along. No harm in taking ur time and getting it right! That's my philosophy (which is also a handy cover for procrastination and laziness!!!) lol. not to mention u have bigger, better RL things to deal with. Ur making progress, that's what's important.

Kal

Yeap....Paradise Valley Community College. I was aiming in for a Vet. Tech. degree but that changed to RN then changed over to computer technology. Hopefully, it wont change but I am a full-time student into this stuff and I am gaining some help with the armor. I got till October 31st for the Saboten Con I'll be going to with a friend so it is better for taking time.

Photos will be up soon of the cardboard stuff possibly tonite.

all three are good career choices, remember nursing cant be out sourced, you can always do the 2 year LVN/LPN thing, I make $26.00 an hour working Psych which is... contrary to popular belief the EASIEST field in nursing.

But you have to follow your own path, no one can choose it for you... Princess Lea moment there :)

Oh great now I gotta watch Star Wars EPIV tomorrow ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah....I have four years of NJROTC experience behind me and that leadership will come through if I decide on something that involves that hard core leadership. And joining in with you mandos out here in Phoenix, AZ; I could probally teach a thing or two about military marching and all that. LOL!

If that is you are willing to learn it LOL! You don't have to.

fyi, if any of the mandos I know form out here are the ones that are in the AZ Mercs, you'd learn from us. a bunch of ex army, USMC and Navy troopers here.

I assume PVCC is community college? IF so, good going, I did the CC thing back in the day, and never finished... I did get certifications for CNA then LVN, and am a Licensed vocational Nurse (or LVN=Least Valued Nurse ;) ).
I am getting my prereq's out of the way via CLEP and Dantes tests, and will hopefully get my BSN and become an RN (Retarded Nurse :) ) in about a year or two.

Take your time on the armor Vod, I am chugging along, I just asked the sister-in-law if she would sew my industrial velcro on to my vest and she agreed, cool.

Good luck in your college and will wait patiently for updates on the armor.
I am doing some CLEP exams this year too!!! :)

Well its not going to be this week but it's going to be next week counting that I have to get some extra stuff for school. I got the books but they handed us the sylabus today of things we will need for class so those will be coming first this week. Then next week the order will be placed for the Jango Fett helmet and the sintra armor peaces.

Then the week after next I believe on Tuesday I'll be heading off to a Nickelback concert around 6p.m. so most of that day I'll be gone counting that I have three classes then after those classes I'll be haeding to the jobing.com areana for the concert. But before that I am hoping to get the paint and finish the painting of the armor peaces and helmet up then work on the gauntlets.

I'm just happy that I am getting some support from this with family and all. It must be the whole thing of me going into college LOL! I guess that is what happens when you achieve something great. LOL!

Hey guys, hopefully everyone is having a good time. I know I am...counting that I finally have a chance to post what is coming up with the cardboard version of the armor. I managed to pull everything together and get some nice looking photos out of it all. The Mod Podge I put on the armor peaces gave it the exact look I was wanting. Except when two peaces got stuck together the mod podge ripped off so I had to re-do the neck peace.

But overall it turned out really good. I pulled everything together for the armor and took some photos of what it will look like when painted. Granted I don't have my bucket yet but it is getting up there in its stages. And until the sintra and bucket comes I'll be working on this until then. For now here are some photos.

l_29f2443d7e6d4c6fabce350acee2f08f.png

l_eb35c4ad53ba4447b414161deb12a6dd.png

After taking that photo I decided to show off the soft supplies I'll be incorporating into the costume. The short sleeves will remain as such until I can get an actual flight suit. It's that whole budget deal but I got it coming along well. Also there is a photo of the boots I'll be using as well. I had a decision between a brown set of steel toes and my ATV riding set so I choose the ATV set. Looks good if I say so myself.

l_20337036331b4e84b6c25beb44400c1b.png

l_86a01ff593934b1cafc1e53a1f0b90b2.png

I'd like to appologize for not making it to the armor party for those who are in Arizona. I truly did try and get myself to go but I just became really busy and plus a friend invited me over for some fun around two or three o'clock so I could not even make it and plus there was a deal with our vehicles which stopped me so....yeah. Hopefully, if another comes up soon I'll make it. And thats a promise.

I'm starting to get a little mad now....someone is trying to tell me to go and rent one which I really don't see the need to as it will be my own design and renting is to much. I really hope that this works out for me or else I wont have a costume to complete! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back