NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume

Alright guys....I'll show you some guts. He....no guts no glory as many would always say. But I just got back from the dentist and my mouth is numb so it will be a while before I can get some progress into the armor plates and those wireless adaptors. Thanks a bunch....I'll see what I can bring in.

I managed to grab these before my mom went and threw them away in the recycle bin. The neck part is actually part of my Guitar Hero Drumset box.

l_0aa7c0370b3b4d56aabf74465f3ba019.png

l_f5480dc8b191414b8fc025cd05e9b735.png

l_20ebc4daffa44de3b6eb3f8f8b70ec9c.png

l_cdabc80bf1fa44a5b7dd021f6a529560.png

l_3a4cc69c0bbf4d408f989df25b588f85.png

Once I get to Wal*Mart to get the supplies for painting and all I'll post photos up of the progress and hopefully the finished painted product. Which will be sometime this week. Friday I am going back into the dentist to get three more fillings so hopefully this will be done before hand.

It just means that it is surplus equipment... it can be brand new, and still be surplus. Surplus doesn't have to be old, just... excess.
I know, but ya get my meaning. I like old stuff 'cause it looks nice and worn, like a good Mando ;)

By the way, where are the gut's, gotta see the inside of the wireless receiver's. I got the same ones, but still use them for my PS2

I don't know where the idea came from or who posted it on the boards but I managed to get to Wal*Mart and pick up some supplies for the mando armor I am making. Mod podge and some rubber cement for a $9.00 total. I'll get a photo and post it up to show you guys. More then likely I'll begin the armor stuff tomorrow and get some progress photos up.

Those wireless adapters I'm going to utilize them for my mando gaunts. Going to see whats inside so I can add them onto the gaunts which will be soon.

As for the fabric; no...I only had enough money to grab the Mod Podge and some Rubber Cement. Hopefully, I'll be able to sometime next week when my mom gives the money she owes me back that way I can go out and get paint and some velcro or snaps to hold the velcro against the vest. That will be probally next week. Hopefully, everything will go well during that time.

no i meant the glues.... rubber cement will fail.

also you'll want to sew the velcro to the vest. "its the only way to be sure"

OR

put snaps on the vest and JB-weld the other part of the snap to the plates. but yours are cardboard, so im not sure how that can be accomplished. anyone want to chime in here?

I think 5 minute epoxy would work on the card board. As long say you sand the cardboard some so it gets the gloss off of it.

I think its funny that you are using a ps2 box as your armor.

My neck piece is made out of plastic, and still doesn't look nearly as good as yours...
Nice work, ner vod!

Oh yes, and when you get started on your helmet.
Painting the helmet is a very personal job.
In my opinion, I wouldn't let anybody tell you what to do.
As I said, it's extremely personal, and to me it's what lets people tell me apart from other mandos when I put the armor on.
(Sorry if that got a bit too poetic)

True about the helmet, after all this site is called 'the dented HELMET' right? It's all about the helmet.
Tomorrow I have to start on my 9 yr old's bucket.

You all have a point there. Through my roleplay on myspace I've always had the desire of red and black for mando armor. Really, I thought there was no such thing as 'custom mandos' until I went to my first Comi-Con and saw a bunch of custom mandos walking about. Truly amazing! Then I just up and decided to make the roleplay character I have from myspace real and make some mando armor.

So red and black are my colors. And as soon as I get the helmet I'll begin the painting process. I am a huge fan of battle scars, blaster marks, and rust so expect a lot of that on my mando armor along with the red and black look.

In addition to that I'm gaining some help with my mom with the armor. She has decided to try and buy a set of PVC sentra armor for me that way all I have to do is paint. But that does not mean I'm going to quit on the cardboard armor. I'm nearly finished with it and really don't want to throw it out just yet. Heck I may even let my nephew use it. Who knows. But this is turning out really good.

Thanks for the support guys. I really appretiate it!!!!

i'd hold off on the sintra. as ive said before, we'll help you build it. buy a piece of 26x36 .26 gage steel from Lowes, and bring it to the armor party next saturday, and youll have a set of plates AND your vest done that day.

cost about 26 bucks for the steel (although you can just buy the aluminum sheets from home depot at the same size for less)
cost about 5 dollars for vest material

Sintra makes good armour, but I'd agree with Jay, get some steel (but dont get 26gauge, go with 22 gauge. You can poke dents into 26) and haul it to his or Beviin's armour party (or both) and you'll come out of it with some really nice looking armour.

sorry.
but you cannot poke holes in 26g steel. remember steel and aluminum gages are different. 26g aluminum is really thin. that and lowes doesnt sell 22.

my last 3 sets are 26g steel. and its **** strong.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back