My statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsjr81

New Hunter
This is the first forum that I've ever contributed to where I've been attacked for posting. I've had a few members in an extraordinarily snotty way tell me to quit "necro posting" or "post grinding". Hey I'm interested in Boba Fett and this forum or was so I post things on various threads. That's all. I'll just quit posting all together. I just don't feel welcome here at all. Forums are strange to begin with, dealing with all kinds of clowns.

This is the first forum that I've ever contributed to where I've been attacked for posting. I've had a few members in an extraordinarily snotty way tell me to quit "necro posting" or "post grinding". Hey I'm interested in Boba Fett and this forum or was so I post things on various threads. That's all. I'll just quit posting all together. I just don't feel welcome here at all. Forums are strange to begin with, dealing with all kinds of clowns.

No one is hating u just have to respect the forum rules,I'm still learning...everyone here is really great and always willing to help that's why this was created.Sometimes all we can do is move on and learn,but to have a complete free for all isent what this site strives for,respect goes both ways.

In most cases,older threads have info that has been updated in newer threads.

No one is hating u just have to respect the forum rules,I'm still learning...everyone here is really great and always willing to help that's why this was created.Sometimes all we can do is move on and learn,but to have a complete free for all isent what this site strives for,respect goes both ways.
I didn't start out being disrespectful. Some guy rudely told me to quit posting. You people are a little too high strung around here. I've never seen anything like it. Tell me which threads can I post in?

When I first started ( and I am still fairly new) I found posting to be slightly intimidating since tons of the questions can be answered with searches but you do need to get your post count up. I also wanted to compliment the work of others and thank them for the help it lent me but again, could look like padding posts. In looking at your posts the one that went wrong was the " thank you professor " one I think. May well have been a joke but in forums it , sadly, is very hard to get the correct tone across and people have different levels of humor/acceptance of sarcasm- just like in face to face life. Some answers here will be blunt and to the point just because there really is no other way to deliver them without maybe a smiley to make it seem less blunt/short.

There are a lot of great people on this forum- many who have gone above and beyond anything I would ever have expected from strangers. Without their help there is no way I would have gotten as far in my build as I have. Using the term clowns , even if it is just a random term, to describe people here is going to ruffle feathers. If you want to build a nice suit you would be doing yourself a huge disservice by not posting or joining in the convos as you see fit. There are plenty of times I would like to joke about a certain post ( that is why I found the whole Meow post the other night refreshing) but don't because sometimes people , wether due to different languages/ personalities/ just sensitive , I don't. However you will find people you click with here- just always try and show a level of respect to everyone or just ignore ones you don't get along with

Dude, I came in a year ago and have the exact opposite experience. Everyone was overly helpful and went over and above with information.

If someone was a ***** to you that sucks but it's not representative of the group as a whole. You should stick it out and ignore people like that because there's no better place for Boba Fett info. I know I would be happy to help and answer your questions.

Sent from a galaxy far far away

Dude, I came in a year ago and have the exact opposite experience. Everyone was overly helpful and went over and above with information.

If someone was a ***** to you that sucks but it's not representative of the group as a whole. You should stick it out and ignore people like that because there's no better place for Boba Fett info. I know I would be happy to help and answer your questions.

Sent from a galaxy far far away
Perfectly put. And what 01hawk said too. Im new here as well. And the help from well strangers has been above and beyond. Just chill out broski. Take it with a grain of salt. I read the post. Hes a little harsh on ya. But thats life. Not everyones nice. Just move on and enjoy the forum. Alotta good peeps here.

You people are a little too high strung around here.

Alright Doc Holiday, simmer down :p This site is home to some of the most generous and kind people I have ever encountered (especially on the interwebs). Like everyone has said, take the bad in stride and maybe with a little humor even. Sweeping generalizations like calling everyone here a clown is a poor attitude, and in this hobby, I've found it is all about attitude.

No one wants you to feel unwelcome, but we're all adults here. Someone is giving you crap? Ignore them, easy as that.

From a new persons perspective I will say I find the post count of 50 to be unnecessarily high. I'm a member of plenty of other forums that have posting restrictions but only of between about 10-20/25 posts and they seem to work. A count at 50 kinda lends itself to needing to spam the forum and bump old threads if you want to get your count up.

As a newbie I can't really offer advice etc since I am here soaking up information rather than having any to give. So unless I want to post "looks great", "well done", "that's impressive" 50 times it's gonna take months or longer to get there.

Behind the scenes I am active though spending hundreds - thousands of dollars with members of this forum, supporting everyone here with my commerce. Yet I still can't post in the Cargo Hold, seems kinda strange.

Anyhow, as far as the OP goes, in my 3 odd months as a member plus a couple more lurking before joining up, I have only ever seen people be amazingly supportive and helpful to other members - both old and new, on here. I have seen in other hobbies and experienced it, where newbies ask questions or for help and the thread just gets ignored. Yet an old timer asks something and they come out of the woodwork to help them. Refreshingly that is not something I have noticed here.

My helpful advice would be to make an introduction. Say what your goal is and how far along the process you are and allow the forum to help. Making statements is not the same as coming onto the forum and seeking advice.

Welcome to the forum. There are many here who can and are very willing to help you.

Behind the scenes I am active though spending hundreds - thousands of dollars with members of this forum, supporting everyone here with my commerce. Yet I still can't post in the Cargo Hold, seems kinda strange.

I think one of the main reasons they have the post count is to filter spamming, and to prevent people from just coming on here to sell things in the cargo hold. Users with low post counts, who don't participate on the forum, and then try to sell some wares for hundreds of dollars...sometimes can be a sketchy situation. Newbies might not know that and then get taken advantage of. You can still private message people, and all the reputable vendors have contact info here as you know. So having/not having access to the cargo hold I don't think is a major issue.

Newcomers should research properly, collect items from reputable people, and start a build thread to build post count if they really need access to the cargo hold. After all...isn't that why we're here? To build a costume?

I do see how some can get frustrated by nerco-posting, but I know a lot of people that don't know how to work a forum (members of my garrison included) so there are a lot of 'common-sense' rules that may not be apparent. Is there a forum policy posted on TDH? Perhaps something to include for newcomers if it really is an issue.

I think you get out of it what you put into it. You came in with attitude and got it back, and now you're offended.
I've found the people here super helpful and considerate.
How did I come here with attitude? All I did was post on various threads until a few clowns told me to stop "necro posting" and "post grinding". Delete my account!

How did I come here with attitude? All I did was post on various threads until a few clowns told me to stop "necro posting" and "post grinding". Delete my account!

And yet u keep referring to members as "clowns" ? I posted here cause I'm still a new member myself and was trying to be helpful and I even tried helping u on one of your posts,see I don't count around here but I don't take it personally I'm 44 years old! I have already lived long enough to understand that, but I do bring respect to everyone here and that is always given In return,and I've made some good friends.I am a stand up guy when paying for goods or commissions i pay with no hassle, and when selling I've been able to establish some good rapport and service,and give back a little to what I've been helped with.Thats what the site is for and about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back