My ROTJ Boba Build

Why is it blue ? Or is that the lighting?
Yeah, the lighting did make it a little blue, lol. I assure you I did not paint it blue, the whole thing is basically primer gray though there is slight variance all over with the other grays and black. Hopefully it stays sunny today, I'll take some pics in the sun that will hopefully be a little better.

Here's a couple pics I took of the blaster outside, definitely shows the color better.

Blaster Outside 01.jpg

Blaster Outside 02.jpg

Also need to give a shoutout to RafalFett for providing the greeblies for the body and stock, once again they are very excellent 3D prints and really helps with the overall look! Thank you!

Last edited:
Finished up the magnetic safety tip for my blaster, hopefully it is good enough to serve it's purpose. I think the orange is bright enough but it isn't the typical neon you see on most toys. I'll have to revisit our laws on the subject, I definitely DO NOT want anyone thinking this is an actual weapon.

Blaster Tip.jpg

Realized today that my scope was too short, so I set about to correct this mistake. I really wish I would have noticed this sooner, and cursed myself for not measuring it. Such a rookie mistake...:rolleyes: Also had to move the mounting block which sucked, but the end of the scope lines up much better with where the T-rails stop, looks more like how it should I think.
Blaster scope adjust 01.jpg

Blaster scope adjust 02.jpg

Haven't had much to report lately, It gets pretty cold during the winter where I live and it makes it hard to work on things. I did recently receive the jetpack vent I ordered from MachineCraft, and wanted to show it compared to the size of the vent on the WOF blueprints.

Jetpack - exhaust vent 02.jpg

It's extremely close, but I will have to make some modifications to install it. Not sure when time will permit me to do so, but I do have this and a couple of other things I'm anxious to get started.

Jetpack - exhaust vent 01.jpg I have to say again that this is a great piece of metal I look forward to putting in, thank you Dakota and Holly! Outstanding work as always!

I also recently dug out of storage my opened Power of the Force Boba Fett (I have a decent amount of the figures all unopened, the Green card Fett is the only one) to add to my "Boba Shrine". I decided to grab my Force Ghost Obi-Wan as well (one of my favorites in my collection). Not strictly to do with my costume, but I wanted to show it off anyway.
Boba Shrine 01.jpg Boba Shrine 02.jpg

Hope you all have a fantastic holiday and MTFBWY!

Hello fellow Fetts! Hope everyone has had a good holiday and can still fit into their flightsuits! Joking aside, I am excited to say that I got tickets for my first ever con! It's happening in May, so I have some time to get things sorted, but I am nervous. I have worn my costume out a little but nothing like this, and I also need to figure out how to travel with what is essentially a life size Boba Fett model.

I have also decided the time has come to make a new set of knees. I have always thought my first set was a little big, and now that I've test worn the suit a few times and compared pictures, I know they are. Really the only reason it bothers me is because the squeegee constantly gets caught under the knee. I also don't mind remaking them, I have kind of always figured I would end up needing to replace parts to create a better costume anyway, plus I already have the sintra.

New knees.jpg

Templates cut and ready!

Knee Progress:
Working on these has been a bit slow going, mostly because I've been wanting to make sure the glue is dry before continuing. The dart blocks also took a decent amount of time to shape. I decided to reuse my dart launchers too and converted them to connect with dowels to serve as an anchor, instead of being screwed on. I will say these already seem to fit me much better, I'll post some side-by-sides once I get a little further.

New Knees 02.jpg New Knees 03.jpg New Knees 04.jpg

Irongladiator, it's definitely a lot easier now than when I first started. Before it was a lot of trial-by-fire hoping things would work out and trying to figure out how to do it at the same time. The process is more refined and I more or less know what I'm doing now lol. Thanks for the compliment as well my friend!

DennisFett1142
Agreed! I like the armor to come to me trimmed - I'll pay the extra to have it done. My next venture is the ROTJ Scout Trooper. And I ordered my kit from a vendor called MonCalsPropShop which is on Etsy....
ROTJ - Scout Trooper Armor.jpg

I received this shortly before Christmas. (Helmet is from New Image Props) A fun build, but the challenging part for me is sewing. Yep, I'm trying my hand at that. And so, I got this from the wife and daughter this Christmas....
Singer 6700c - Pic 1.jpg

Again, Challenging, but I find it somewhat fun to do.

Sorry, didn't mean to steal Mythosaur 's thunder.
o_O:oops:

Best,
-Iron

Figure I'm due for an update, my knees are all put together (minus dart launchers) and I've been filling and sanding them.

New Knees 05.jpg New Knees 06.jpg New Knees 07.jpg

Also, got the dents put in and I've got a layer of primer on. I think I need to do just a little more sanding and they will be ready for paint!

New Knees 08.jpg New Knees 09.jpg New Knees 10.jpg

Been busy painting, I did the base coat first and all the damage topically...

New Knees 11.jpg New Knees 12.jpg New Knees 13.jpg

I got them clear coated and darts installed, just need to add the Velcro!

New Knees 14.jpg New Knees 15.jpg

Here's a size comparison between the two different templates: the ones on the left are the new ones done with the 4W template, on the right are my old ones done with the 4-5W Std template (both found HERE) The difference is small, but I feel they look more appropriately sized for my height. I'll have to get partially suited up once the Velcro is on and everything is dry, get a couple more pics with them on me.

New Knees R Comparison.jpg New Knees L Comparison.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back