My Fem Mando Progress (pics)

a week later any progress?

i want you to know this inspired me for my girlfriends fett costume.

i never really expected her to be into any of this, but 3 months ago she wanted to know if i had a costume she could wear, and originally i was making her a samus costume for halloween, but i screwed up the mold on the helmet and they come out warped. So she asked if i could make her something else, and when i showed her the design for a female boba fett she got super excited.

really excited to see this finished, your concept art was so cool. I borrowed the idea of mixing imperial armor parts into the suit, though i'm not 100% sure what i'm keeping.

a pink jet pack sounds cool, but the biker scout pack looks great with this.

should be interesting to see what you come up with.

any thoughts of using the wizard of flight drawing templates to make a jet pack?

i made my jet pack for less than $25. most of the materials i already had.

I love to see every FemMando design. The solutions and new concepts that they create are amazing. Cant wait for the final result.

It makes me happy to know that my mado has inspired your girlfriends costume.

My boyfriend, runjedirun, wanted me to be apart of this costuming thing and had to bribe me with a boob plate and a promise to make it pink. Now I'm really into it!! Its addicting. I had to slow it down b/c of time and money... but progress photos will be posted soon!!!
Good Luck!

a week later any progress?

i want you to know this inspired me for my girlfriends fett costume.

i never really expected her to be into any of this, but 3 months ago she wanted to know if i had a costume she could wear, and originally i was making her a samus costume for halloween, but i screwed up the mold on the helmet and they come out warped. So she asked if i could make her something else, and when i showed her the design for a female boba fett she got super excited.

really excited to see this finished, your concept art was so cool. I borrowed the idea of mixing imperial armor parts into the suit, though i'm not 100% sure what i'm keeping.

a pink jet pack sounds cool, but the biker scout pack looks great with this.

should be interesting to see what you come up with.

any thoughts of using the wizard of flight drawing templates to make a jet pack?

i made my jet pack for less than $25. most of the materials i already had.

OMFG that is AWESOME I was looking for a fem fett idea to make for my wife (gotta do mine first though) Do you have any finished pics yet? I saw your drawing with the use of the biker scout back pack, I think that is a really cool idea. Can't wait to see the finished product. XLNT work!

Thanks! The concept drawings are pretty much what I would like for it to look like in end... I haven't done much work in the past few months, but as soon as my life gets a little more organized I'll get back to it. :eek:

Looks to me to be a excellent Mando in the works. Hope to see more soon.
Will we get to see it all on ya? Will we get to see your Mando alongside ya boyfriends to?

just browsing and admiring. Your question about a form fitting vest: I have done a lot of sewing over the years. Try finding a pattern for a vest at your local fabric/sewing/wal-mart store. The patterns are pretty easy to follow, and, for this you don't have to use any special type of seams.

Wow, I love these threads. x.x Need to get me a camera so I can take some pictures of mine. Hope to see some more progress. :D

I am really impressed with the work on the fem-mando. I have been trying to find a nice costume for my wife, so when I go trooping she can come along in costume. I think this concept of yours is very different and I think it would appeal to her because she is a soldier in the Army. The fem-mando would be perfect for her. Thank you for the inspiration.

Sorry so late on the advice about the vest. Seems you found an easy solution. Thanx for the tip on where to get "boob" armor. Maybe I can get my wife involved. Really can't wait to see this finished, its coming along beautifully. Never thought I would like a pink mando lol. This is fantastic.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back