My 1st Jango Helmet

LOL, My niece just asked me if I would make one for her like that. Not unless your mom wants to pay from electroplating I replied. Speaking of which, that wasnt electroplated???

That is a very amazing finish, too shiny for jango, but amazing!!!! two thumbs up mate!!!!!!!!

P.S. It is funny, almost as though lucasfilm is trying to say that boba and jango have different helmets, what with the lack of any blue in the boba helmet and the huge dent difference. That just might be covered in the SW TV show next fall. Otherwise, big lucasfilm mess up.

Any who, great piece.

Hmmm... What happened to jangos helmet???? Dont answere, nobody here knows.

Jango's helmet was never electroplated. The real helmet was fiberglass with a gelcoat filled with aluminum powder. The Rub n Buff is not too shiny for Jango.

Jango and Boba's helmets are not the same and are not intended to be the same.

Ahh, thank FOX, and yeah, I know there not the same helmets, it was done intentional then, with the intent by lucas to fill that in after the saga's.

Hmmm

p.s. id this helmet electro plated??

Jango's helmet was never electroplated. The real helmet was fiberglass with a gelcoat filled with aluminum powder. The Rub n Buff is not too shiny for Jango.

Jango and Boba's helmets are not the same and are not intended to be the same.

Rub n Buff IMO is perfect, its not too shiney and gives a nice aluminium look. In different lighting with the camera the RnB gives off different reflectivity, so in some pics it looks very reflective and others not so much. In person the shine is nice but not like a mirror. Thanks for the kind words everyone, this has been a fun project so far and just have to finish the RF piece. Just gotta find those lil screws, any ideas anyone? Eyeglass shop?

I need to take more pics off the Fang helmet. Had to make alot of changes on that one. What paints did you use? I bought some blues that are for a Ford engine. It looked close to me. I dig the weathering you did on that.

I need to take more pics off the Fang helmet. Had to make alot of changes on that one. What paints did you use? I bought some blues that are for a Ford engine. It looked close to me. I dig the weathering you did on that.

Seeker listed some accurate colors which most Jango's use.

Top Front of Visor is Krylon-Ocean Blue
Bottom darker area is Rust-Oleum-Royal Blue
R&B Dome

But I couldnt find these colors which arent readily available at most places so I went with Rust-Oleum Brilliant Blue for the lighter areas and TremClad Royal Blue for the darker area.

Nice buildup(y) I see you used the same method I used for bolting on the ears. I always like to build something that I can disassemble again if I need to do any mods or repairs.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back