Mando Pride Fitness Challenge

gymbeau2000;478759 12 pistols (hard to describe...you lay on your back said:
Pistols are one legged squats. The idea is you start standing and then go down. Pavel describes them in great detail in "The Naked Warrior"

Thursday =

Row 500m
1 30 ft rope climb
Row 1000m
6 kneeling box jumps (kneel, jump to your feet, then complete the box jump, all together smoothly)
2 rope climbs
Row 2000m
12 kneeling box jumps
2 rope climbs
Row 1000m
6 kneeling box jumps
1 rope climb
Row 500m

For time. Mine = 34:43

Dralshy'a did TWO workouts on Thursday!

Row 1000m
21 knee to floor sweepers (lay on the ground, benchpress 95lbs., while it's in the air, do a leg raise, lower legs, then weight)
21 pull-ups
Row 1000m
16 sweepers
16 pull-ups
Row 1000m
12 sweepers
12 pull-ups
Row 1000m
9 sweepers
9 pull-ups
Row 1000m
6 sweepers
6 pull-ups

For time. Dralshy'a - 32:15

#2 (about 3 hours later)

10 burpees
10 pull-ups

10 rounds for time

Dralshy'a - 13:16

Friday =
Diane WOD (workout of the day)

Deadlift @ 225lbs. (M) / 165lbs. (F)
Handstand push-ups (or alternate piked push-ups)

Reps:
21-15-9

For time. My time = 4:38
Dral'shy'a = 3:32 (reduced reps to 9-6-3 due to her upcoming powerlifting competition on next Saturday)

I'm not totally out of shape, but definitely clicked on this thread and became embarrassed quite rapidly.
I guess it's time to start running again...

*chuckles* Well, my bro-in-law got a weight bench for Christmas, and is looking for a training partner, so it looks like I'm in for the challenge. We put the bench together, and played around a little bit. Went and lifted 3 sets of 10 at 150 lbs, and maxed at 180. *sigh* I'm so out of shape.

I'll post up my official APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) results in the morning, since I'm at work now.

OK... Nau'ur waiting on those scores ner vod... btw... too cold lately to get out and run, but... I have done 3 day rotations of 50 pushups/50 situps/15 pullups... I think I'm going to start adding in burnouts on Saturdays.

Right you are, Kal'ika. Right you are. Went and threw down with an APFT, and was much saddened by my results.

Pushups in 2 minutes: 37 (58%)
Situps in 2 minutes: 73 (90%)
2 mile run: 17:10 (58%)

Used to max my pushups and situps, and my run was down around 16 minutes.

Last set of test scores while I was in service was as follows.

Pushups in 2 minutes: 76 (Over 100% for my age then, 98% for my age now)
Situps in 2 minutes: 86 (over 100% for my age then, over 100% for my age now)
2 mile run: 16:00 (59% for my age then, 71% for my age now)

I'm so out of shape. Although, I did go lift weights again with my brother-in-law tonight.

Bench: 3 sets of 10 at 150lbs
Single Arm Curl: 3 sets of 10 at 45lbs
Overhead Arm Extension: 3 sets of 10 at 30lbs
Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 10 at 150lbs
Squats/Toe Lifts: 3 sets of 10 at 180lbs

Ok, we have not posted to this in awhile, not cause we quit, but just that since we workout daily that we didn't want to take over the thread.

Only Dralshy'a did this WOD, but it was so impressive I have to post it.

Alright, the concept is you have 1 minute to do as many air squats as you can. Your goal is 60. If you cannot reach 60, for every rep under that, you owe 1 pull up. If you cannot reach 60 reps between squats & pull ups in the 1 minute allowed to each, then the whole set does not count. For example, let's say in the first minute you do 35 squats. Now you have 1 minute (without rest) to do 25 pull ups. If you get then, mark 1 set on the count. If you don't, then your still at zero. Complete as many rounds as you can.

Dralshy'a did 26 rounds. Yes, TWENTY SIX! There were only two rounds where she didn't get 60 squats in 1 minute, so she had to do 4 total pull ups. By being able to do 60 squats in a minute, she was able to just rest since she owed no pull ups. So ladies & gents, that's 52 minutes, 26 rounds, 4 pull ups and get this - 1,554 squats.

WOW

Let's see now....

1. 55 Pushups: 1/2 month
2. 55 Situps: 6 months
3. 12:15 min/sec 1.5 mile run - never. 1.5 miles ran in the last 20 years.
4. 30.5 inch abdominal circumfrence - um, yeah. Maybe in 5th grade?

:)

gymbeau dude... feel free to dominate the thread ner vod u guys work out a lot and u're very... motivating. lol Personally... I FINALLY started working out again like I need to be. This morning I managed 55 pushups... 65 situps and I did a short run... followed up with 2 sets of 20 flutter kicks (4 count) and some good ol' "side straddle hops" aka the jumpin' jack... 2 sets of 20 (also 4 count). I'm going to go for another... longer run this afternoon and plan on doing some pullups and more pushups and situps this afternoon too... I'll post again later

No workout tonight..I'm sore....

last night, deadlift max 3s. (you do 3 reps real fast)

I maxed at 335lbs. I only got one up at 355, so my max was 335.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back