Mand'alor the Ultimate's Build

Are you going to dirty up that red a bit? It looks a bit bright...IMHO.

Looks good!!! Keep us updated with LOTS of pics!!! (y)

Thanks A'den and yes the cape needs more work.

I did some intensive :D weathering . If I do not succeed with this, I will buy other material and re-do the cape.

It still need a few fixer's on this because I ain't completely satisfied on the weathering. Something seems to be missing?

I had my GF pose in the cape so I could get good shots of the weathering.

m10002.jpg

m10001.jpg

m10003.jpg

What all did you do for the weathering? Did you just cut it and tare and then use shoe polish or what?

I started by cutting waved tear drop like in the material, then I painted the ends with acrylic paint and used an electric brush grinder to tare and use the ends up. :/

Caution by doing this because a brush grinder turning at 15,000 turns a minute will grab hold of the material and you could injure yourself use precaution by having steal toe boots protective eye glasses and gloves because when it grabs the material, all Hell brakes loose.

I started by cutting waved tear drop like in the material, then I painted the ends with acrylic paint and used an electric brush grinder to tare and use the ends up. :/

Caution by doing this because a brush grinder turning at 15,000 turns a minute will grab hold of the material and you could injure yourself use precaution by having steal toe boots protective eye glasses and gloves because when it grabs the material, all Hell brakes loose.

Now that just sounds like fun! Oh great work by the way:cheers

I'll have pix of my weathered cape and Kama later on tonight.

I'm trying out something new here and would like to know what you think?

I got a pair of Alpine ski boots for 5$ and cut the bottom out and the middle section that prevents you from standing up right.

Then I fitted my old working boots in and without tying them and just clamping the ski boot I can walk around without them slipping out or have any discomfort while walking :).

So if this looks good I will proceed to completing them properly and will have tick 3-4 inch soles under other than that I'll just discard of them.

Boots001.jpg

Boots002.jpg

Boots003.jpg

This One that I'm pointing the middle of the boot will be a covered section

Boots004.jpg

Boots005.jpg

Boots006.jpg

Boots006.jpg

Boots008.jpg

Boots007.jpg

Here is an update on the boots. Though they are not complete and need a few nicks and nacks here and there but not to much to keep them normal.

I primed one just to give a little view of what it will look like once done, since looking at something with different colors is hard to perceive.

And by priming them , Flaws are more noticeable.

bootmod1003.jpg

bootmod1004.jpg

bootmod1002.jpg

bootmod1001.jpg

Let me know what you think or what should be corrected since I'm not done on them. ;)

CAPE & KAMA WEATHERED:

Here are the shots of the Kama and cape weathered.

cama001.jpg

cama002.jpg

cama003.jpg

This one the color is different because of the flash :-\

cama004.jpg

Thanks Guys,

Here are the boots painted, They still need to be clear coated and a few add on.

Walking is easy and comfy but just have to get used to them because I don't have ankle movement and will prevent me of making a false step and sprain my ankle LOL.

bootmod2001.jpg

Kneeling down is easy.

bootmod2002.jpg

Easy slip in - slip out and I dont have to tie my boots because the ski boot straps gives a snug comfy grip.

bootmod2003.jpg

I did a bit of work on my kit.

Did some weathering and battle damage a bit.

Meanwhile, enjoy with some critics please :)

weat002.jpg

With different lighting..

weat001.jpg

weat003.jpg

weat004.jpg

I repainted the gauntlets and hand armor plus I did the weathering/battle damage.

The weathering is not really noticeable/visible where the camera flash hits ,but its there :)

glovesgauntlets001.gif

glovesgauntlets001.gif

glovesgauntlets004.gif

I also redone the upper leg armor and repainted & weathered it also.

I also took 2 shots of it because as you can see, the color changes depending on the lighting and angle

glovesgauntlets006.gif

glovesgauntlets008.gif

Thanks for looking :)

Wow I like it more and more... awesome job on the weathering. It dose make that red really stand out more though but I think it looks great.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back