Lowberg's ROTJ SE Build

Progress progress progress. Painted the base coat of all my green armor. I used 2 different Tamiya Greens: Deep Green was the first color I did and then misted pretty heavily with Olive Drab. This is just the base coat I will be using. I will be doing all the damage first, before lightly misting additional weathering colors (browns, blacks) which will shift the final color.

I found the most straight-on angles of each of the SE chest armor pieces from the SW Celebration IV gallery, and printed them out at the closest scale I could get to match my MinuteFett armor. Using Saral transfer paper, I stenciled the damage on (at least the major landmarks) to get pretty accurate positioning and sizing.

stencil 2.jpg

It's definitely going to be tricky to nail the colors, because it changes so much with lighting. Even here when held up under the exact same lighting over the exact same table in the above photo, it now looks more olive drab green lol.

Stenciling.jpg

Progress progress progress. Painted the base coat of all my green armor. I used 2 different Tamiya Greens: Deep Green was the first color I did and then misted pretty heavily with Olive Drab. This is just the base coat I will be using. I will be doing all the damage first, before lightly misting additional weathering colors (browns, blacks) which will shift the final color.

I found the most straight-on angles of each of the SE chest armor pieces from the SW Celebration IV gallery, and printed them out at the closest scale I could get to match my MinuteFett armor. Using Saral transfer paper, I stenciled the damage on (at least the major landmarks) to get pretty accurate positioning and sizing.

View attachment 242241

It's definitely going to be tricky to nail the colors, because it changes so much with lighting. Even here when held up under the exact same lighting over the exact same table in the above photo, it now looks more olive drab green lol.

View attachment 242242
You're on the right path with the greens!

Thanks, ya know I stress a lot about colors and the green but the fact of the matter is this thing is just a friggin chameleon lol

These are all the exact same piece of armor photographed by different cameras with different flashes and lighting (actually 3 of these are from the exact same exhibit display) So I'm not going to stress too much. Get it in the ballpark and it is what it is.

Armor Colors.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back