Let's get this new Jango build started

momeraths24

New Hunter
Once again I like to start by thanking everyone that sent their warm welcome.

So let's go ahead and get this little new Jango build started shall we?

I wanted to start with something that I'm a bit more familiar with so I figured to start with the gauntlet missile. The plan is build it out of aluminum and anodize it.
I hoped to have more of this item complete but I'm going to take my time to make this build as nice as I can make it.

More pictures will follow.

Franchesky

1_zps05uup1pm.jpg

2_zpswqakvxyz.jpg

3_zpsmt2mzczi.jpg

1_zpswtabek2o.jpg

Wow! That's looking awesome. You planning on machining the blasters as well?
Thank you guys for the complements.
Not sure yet if I'm going to CNC the blasters. If I do it will probably be one of the last things I do.

I like to start making one of the gauntlet next. Wish me luck.

Franchesky

So I had a little time tonight after working on GB orders and I figure to do a bit of work on this Jango build to keep things moving.

Since I'm looking to make this item hollow and as light as possible, I decided to thread the main body of the missile. I also made an internal locking system to connect the back of the missile with the main body.

If everything works out like I have it design, the missile could be some what functional instead of just having it for looks.

Here are more pictures of the build. Hope you guys like them.

Franchesky

4_zpsct9v5cts.jpg

6_zpsppnfao8m.jpg

7_zpsggudg7is.jpg

5_zpsgiflugbm.jpg

8_zpske7zrljs.jpg

9_zpskwki07u2.jpg

10_zpsc1et344l.jpg

Here is another small update for this new Jango build. My time has been limited but I'll continue to put little time here and there for this build.

Since I need this missile to be hollow, I decided to fabricate all of the main parts separately to make it easy to manage.
The back section of the missile has 3 components that once put together will be light weight and strong.

Here are some progress pictures.

Franchesky

21_zpspl5zpqia.jpg

20_zpstgkho6kc.jpg

For this part I gradually made the hole bigger making it completely hollow.

19_zpslrsaxghl.jpg

18_zpsyxedzzp2.jpg

Here are the parts completed.

17_zpsqjtdromc.jpg

16_zpspgmkcxqm.jpg

15_zpsxxsndg68.jpg

14_zpsqeseoshr.jpg

13_zpsdjgqaen1.jpg

12_zpszjnwkd4w.jpg

22_zpskhnngdwb.jpg

I'm currently working on the top section of the missile. I tried making it out of 1 piece but it's just a royal pain so I'm going CNC on this.

Pictures of of the progress will be up soon.

Franchesky

I haven't done much with the missile but I figured to work on something easy to keep this build moving.
I milled the fins for the grappling hook. I'm working on the body of the grappling hook and then the top section.

I like to thank Xanthis02 for sharing the print.

Franchesky

620200af-2ae7-4fa1-a15d-8fe061e75b1a_zps2odhcake.jpg

4b13e75b-d568-45e7-8d06-3fe82c4327b8_zpsadtpvacx.jpg

I would buy a set of those fins off of you (or trade some Jango stuff) if you were inclined to make more. Those look nice.

Your welcome I'd buy a set of fins as well to see if they fit my Darkside Dart if you don't know already you need 3 fins

Last edited by a moderator:
I made 2 sets of 3 fins this weekend and I'm planning on making more this upcoming week.

I could start an interest list on my FB page (Anhcon Designs) if there's enough interest.

I'm not familiar with how they do for selling and the rules on this forum but you guys are welcome to contact me with anything that you might need.

I did a test for the body of the grappling hook and it needs modification to the cnc code. I'm sure I can get it done this week, this way it will be easy to install the fins.

Franchesky

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back