Lancer's ESB build

lancer

New Hunter
Hello all! Finally time to start my build thread. I'll be documenting the progress on my ESB Boba Fett build here. My goal is 501st Infamous approval. I am currently a 501st approved Imperial Death Trooper, TX-23684 of the Spec Ops detachment, and it's about that time to join the Bounty Hunters Guild. I have been lurking on the forums for some time now gathering as much reference and information as I can, as well as purchasing what I need from the oh-so-awesome vendors in the cargo hold. I will try to keep this first post updated with info relating to my build, including parts used, vendor they were purchased from and associated costs for those who are interested in that information. The list as of now includes items that I have already paid for an either have received or I"m awaiting receipt of.

List of Parts

Helmet:
FPH2 - $325 WastedFett
MQ-1 Circuit Board - $23 BobaMaker
(Level 2) Accurate Helmet Liner - $26 eBay
(Level 2) Accurate Chin Strap/Cup - $35 eBay
Rangefinder LEDs - $100 Jc27
Rangefinder Servo - $160 Jc27
Paint - $72 Humbrol

Soft Goods:
Gloves - $100 MikeM
Flightsuit/Vest/Pouches - $942 Clothears

Boots:
MOW Boots - $267 Man of War Studios
Metal Toe Spikes - $65 MachineCraft

Armor:
Hero Armor - $350 WastedFett
Chest LED Display - $67 Fettronics
Metal Knee Darts - $50 MachineCraft

Gauntlets:
Gauntlets - $300 WastedFett
Copper Rocket - $170 MachineCraft
Alco Switches - $FREE (Included with Jc27's servo kit)

Accessories:
Wookie Scalps - $80 Woodman
Girth Belt - $FREE Man of War Studios (Because he's legit AF like that)

That's all for now. I'll be making regular updates as I work on the suit! I welcome any and all feedback from everyone.

First thing's first. I received my FPH2 helmet from WastedFett more than a year ago. And it has sat on my shelf untouched for the vast majority of that time while I have worked on other projects. Now that I'm focused on Boba I can finally get working on it. I received my armor and gauntlets from him as well, and can't say enough about how awesome they are. At this point I have trimmed all the pieces, which was terrifying. Fairly happy with how they have turned out.

SdSgtwL.jpg

I have also began weathering my MOW boots. I was worried I had missed the final run of these at the end of last year but I was able to get an order in for a pair after Christian assured me he'd be receiving another supply at some point down the road. It took longer than expected but I'm very happy with them, and Christian's customer service is second to none. I'll be using SpideyFett's wonderful tutorial to weather them after I receive my toe spikes from Dakota.

G34aBS7.jpg

And finally, a progress shot from my work this evening. I received my chest display kit this afternoon from Fettronics and couldn't resist mocking them up on the chest plate. They look fantastic. I've read a few posts in which people stated they placed a red transparent film in front of the display. Is this screen accurate?

IDPaIPp.jpg

Yes, some sort of red acrylic sheet in front of the light unit is correct for any version of Boba, at least I believe so. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Everything's looking good, exciting stuff!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back