Just got a 3D printer!

I read this thread the other day and I still have no idea what to suggest................Gauntlets would probably be my first thing to tackle.

Gauntlets would be awesome, they would probably take several days to print all the parts haha

Right now I'm printing a shore trooper helmet in about 17 parts. 60-70 hours if I calculated it right.

I read this thread the other day and I still have no idea what to suggest................Gauntlets would probably be my first thing to tackle.

I have printed the shoretrooper helmet and the e-22. The e-22 is done and assembled, I just have to paint and weather it.
IMG_1110.jpeg

start out with small projects til you get the hang of it. my friend says that depending on how you print it (flat, on the side), can depend on what the final print looks like. But have fun with it!

Well it depends, first, I'd suggest you to join up on the google groups and facebook pages for your 3d printer and just general 3d printer news. I try to keep my prints in 3 categories: commissions, costuming, and useful. I do commissions for things from custom statue stands, helmets, and props. Costuming is obvious, my wife cosplays and I make general pieces for friends as well as my own batsuit coming up. Useful, I work at a tech company in accessibility and currently trying to create tactile graphics of educational material for blind and visually impaired children in k-12 schools. I have never ran out of things to make and the fett community only adds more into it. Try doing something useful for yourself first. Check out websites such as myminifactory, thingiverse, cgtrader, stlfinder. Try printing other peoples' designs then migrate towards creating your own! What model did you end up getting? At this point, I'm building more printers than I am actually using them, its a fun hobby but an easy one to get sucked into!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back