Jango Vest question

Its good for a first attempt, but here are some observations (Please don't take these suggestions the wrong way, I'm trying to help out) :

• The neckhole is too square, it should be more rounded.
  • Shoulder to shoulder it is too wide. And we're not talking about it being too large size wise. It's the pattern.
  • The "piping" is wrong. It looks like there is no piping at all and it is just stitched. The piped edges should be more rounded.
  • There is too much velcro on the left shoulder. It should stop 1 inch from the shoulder seam. Also, on the left shoulder as you can see there is only the seam line. There are not 3 stitches like on the right shoulder.
  • The bottom of the sleeve openings should be more rounded.
  • The overall shoulder bell shape is not quite right. It also could use some padding.
  • The back of the vest, the 3 stitch lines stop at the piping rather than going all the way up.

leftcollar.jpg

back.jpg

rightcollar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Foxbatkllr,

thanks for your suggestion.

I will change the neck hole
trying to make the shoulder to shoulder a little closer

How have they attached that Velcro on the left shoulder when they only have one seam?

-The bottom of the sleeve openings should be more rounded-
What/Where is the opening of the sleeve, sry i don't understood what you mean.

Thx

Mike

I'm still working on the updates of the vest.

At the meantime what do you girls and guys think about this.
The color is the marineblau and i used black leather creme on it.

vest-marineblau1.jpg

I think the size is right now, isn't it?
It´s a vest size L
vest-marineblau2.jpg

Remember this original pic.
I think its really near to the original.
jangovestcolors3.jpg

vest-marineblau5.jpg

here is how i dyed it with black leather creme

After that you have to impregnate it otherwise your cloth will be black too:lol:
But I'm sure you know that before;)
vest-marineblau8.jpg

Suggestions please.

Btw this baby will go on sale.
Need some money to get new leather for the updates.
I'm asking $US 220 for it.

I already completed the dyingprocess on the back and shoulders also and its ready for action.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda like that blue, but the blue with leather cream looks good as well! Tough decision. I just made a sketch of my vest with the dimensions before I shipped it off. If you're still looking for some sort of pattern, let me know. It's not even close to drawn to scale, but the dimension are accurate.

You should make your prototypes out of vinyl to save money. Then when you get it perfect, you will be able to copy that pattern in leather.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back