Jango armor color question

I'm about to start some 3 mm sintra , can't seem to find fiberglass armor in a large size
my question is after cutting the sintra who knows the best type of paint and process I should follow
i don't want the high shine Jango more of a dirty grey

You are going to want to make sure the sintra is smooth. Then very thin and smooth layers of some primer. Sand the primer with high grit sand paper (400 to 800 range). Once everything is supper smooth apply rub n buff in thin smooth layers.

You are going to want it fairly shiny to start with. The dulling will come with the weathering. But if you do a "dirty grey" as you described you will not look like Jango you will end up with a generic mando or death watch looking kit. Trust me on this one. Start shiny and work your way back. My kit started off very shiny and weathered the heck out it because I like a dirty Jango.

I might also add............if you are making large plates I would probably go with 6mm sintra. You can make the edges look way better with the thicker plastic.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back