Importing EE3 Blasterfactory Boba Fett Blaster Replica in to the UK

northernmunkey1

New Hunter
Members I need your help please. hopefully I have posted it in the correct forum?

I am looking to import the Blasterfactory E-11 Boba Fett blaster to the UK. My worries is that customs will think it's a real weapon and destroy it.

The kit is mainly bare metal with a wood stock but is only going to be used as a display piece in my collection.

I will need to build it and paint it up when it arrives. I found a builder/painter in the states but don't think it will have any chance getting through customs as it will feel and look like a real weapon so might have to do that all my self

Do I need some sort of import documentation permit from HMRC to import it ?

I tried looking on HMRC website but couldn't find anything.

Has anybody else tried to import replica firearm props in to the UK which are display pieces only and not airsoft weapons?

Members I need your help please. hopefully I have posted it in the correct forum?

I am looking to import the Blasterfactory E-11 Boba Fett blaster to the UK. My worries is that customs will think it's a real weapon and destroy it.

The kit is mainly bare metal with a wood stock but is only going to be used as a display piece in my collection.

I will need to build it and paint it up when it arrives. I found a builder/painter in the states but don't think it will have any chance getting through customs as it will feel and look like a real weapon so might have to do that all my self

Do I need some sort of import documentation permit from HMRC to import it ?

I tried looking on HMRC website but couldn't find anything.

Has anybody else tried to import replica firearm props in to the UK which are display pieces only and not airsoft weapons?
Hi Northernmunkey,

Funny you say that. I’m based in the uk, having that thought (The only difference is my kit will be dismantled, as I’m assembling myself). I contacted Fieldmarshal via Facebook, who gave me a reasonable discount on postage, to the uk. I ordered the EE-3 with scope mounts last week, due delivery today via FedEx. I’ll let you know if I receive any charges?, but all Iv received so far is “ package available for clearance, Stansted GB.

Hope that helps

Jo

I got a unasambled Webley through the german customs withoutout any problems.
It was marked as aluminum Prop parts.
I think german Weapon law is a bit strikter than in the UK. But this is something that i assume. Here in Germany the customs would not destroy anything before they talked to the owner of the shipment.
Even if it is a real weapon, you might be allowed to own and buy real weapons because you are a hunter or a collector with a permission. In Germany we call it "Waffenbesitzkarte" a poor translation would be Weapon owners card.

Last edited:
I got a unasambled Webley through the german customs withoutout any problems.
It was marked as aluminum Prop parts.
I think german Weapon law is a bit strikter than in the UK. But this is something that i assume. Here in Germany the customs would not destroy anything before they talked to the owner of the shipment.
Even if it is a real weapon, you mich be allowed to on and buy Real weapons because you are a hinter or a collector with a permission. In Germany we call it "Waffenbesitzkarte" a poor translation would be Weapon owners card.
Very fortunate.I can’t say the same, as I got charged a hefty £160 in customs here in the uk.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back