I got one!

Nice work on the helmet !! Better skills than me I'm afraid - I can build , but paintwork has always been tough for me - If I was to pay an artist to reprint my target helmet - what would something like that cost ? Ain't gotta be screen accurate or nothing but it's gotta be better than it is - LOL

Not sure what they charge, there are a few excellent painters here on the forum, I'm sure you could find one. There's probably a waiting period depending on other customers in line. Ive seen some amazing work on here.

Yes, each color is layered. The whole helmet is primered and painted silver, then each corresponding color is layered and masked out to reveal the damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok there's actually 2 light greens in these pics. The lower cheeks are Rustoleum army green spray paint. The dome is testors flat green(army green) enamel I airbrushed on. The testors flat green is just a tad darker than the spray paint, and I like it a little more, I have since repainted the cheeks with the testors flat green. All of the colors I have used are "close enough" for me, none of them are from the paint lists you can find here on TDH. Although I might actually order some of the accurate paints in the future, I usually just go to the spray paint isle in the store with ref pics on my phone and find the closest thing I can.

This weeks progress.

12065574_1052643691438588_269188246345885782_n.jpg12144799_1052643694771921_113169411288757142_n.jpg995639_1052643698105254_5107494857289988611_n.jpg

Looks like I missed out, checked several targets in my area and they're out of stock. If anyone has a spare or could pick 2 up for me I'd appreciate it.

Bummer man, I'm really happy with my results so far. I'm going to repaint my kit helmet, I've apparently learned a lot over the years, and it's time my bucket shows it! When I finish my target repaint I'm stripping my other bucket and starting over!

For a mass produced retail helmet... you have done a fantastic job making it look like a high quality piece! I wish I had your painting skills.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back