Howdy Y'all!

The FreshMaker

New Hunter
Or just hi. i dont really speak like that lol. but i am from Texas. Just joined last week. and just finished up my first ever build. super addicting. already got another one in the works. im an engineer who loves to make things and mandos look the coolest....sooo pretty easy to see why im here. lol. here's my mando from last night's haloween festivities. look forward to chatting in the future.

Editing for info purposes:

Helm - Hasbro Black series i weathered
Hard Armor/bullets/3d printed stuff - 3d printed from files bought off Etsy
- i used the Allclad chrome paint method on the armor to try and match the shine on the helmet. lots of time spent on the paint. 3-4 layers of primer and 3-4 layers of gloss black wet sanded up to 1000 grit or so. then couple layers of gloss clear and then airbrushed the Allclad on while the 2nd layer of clear was still tacky. i actually had to redo the chest and sanded back down and did the black and on again and that somehow worked even better.
Soft parts from CosPlaySky (or something like that) - el cheapo costume that i removed all the sewn on cheap vinyl armor. but underneath the soft parts are great quality. nice and thick and well sewn.
NOTE: i weathered the soft parts probly too much out in the TX sun for like 3-4 days. they faded like crazy so i probly wouldnt recommend that going forward. lol
belt - was ordered off an Etsy site. not screen accurate, but it had an oversized pouch that i kinda wanted/needed to hide the speaker for my voice modulator.
Voice modulator - from Helical Hypercom - i cant express my satisfaction with this enough. the seller is great. mine worked right out of the box but then sat for a few months and when i went to go try it out again something was screwed up. the maker was super helpful with troubleshooting and even sent me replacement parts and extra bits/wires to try out and finally we sorted it out. 6 out of 5 stars IMO. great support.
left leg wrap - cobbled together from the Cosplaysky outfit too. probly the part i will replace next with one off etsy. i cant leatherwork as of now.
boots - $30 Walmart something or others. looked pretty damn close without having to shell out a bunch to Gwabos or someone else on Etsy
gloves - Hugger motorcycle gloves with the fingers cut off and some general northern tool calfskin work gloves underneath

tons and tons of weathering. pictures dont do that part justice.

07e2fa35-41db-455e-8417-3191c0357340-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
ShortFuse
Im chiming in! Maybe the part where they wear cowboy hats ? :D (which I wear myself sometime... )

Well, the suit is put tugether nicely! What helmet were you using?

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back