Hot Armor! Ouch! Post your Fett Injuries!!

Predatormv said:
I have done tons of fun things to my self in persuit of this damn hobby. I sliced a nice deep cut in my inner thigh with a box cutter when opening a box (that was the first sign I should have stopped for the day), I have dozens of scars on my hands from other random cuts and burns. One of my favorite things was I was painting, using an automotive clear coat for something and I was holding the peice with my bare hand, needless to say I had a shiny hand. The fun part is when I went to take it off, it didn't want to come off I tried soap and water, sand paper nothing worked, so then I had the brilliant idea to use paint thinner, that worked to take the paint off, but it made my hand itchy. In about 20 min I looked down at my bright red swollen hand that itched like hell. For a month I had the worst rash I have ever had on that damn hand. I have also found out that the cheap testors airbrush propellent is toxic, I was finnished with the crap and going to toss the can so I figured I would empty the can first and just sprayed a bunch of it in my kitchen, I though I was going to die it was so hard to breath and my chest hurt, my eyes watered and burned and my nose burned. I couldn't go into my kitchen for like 3 hours before it cleared out.
Have you ever tried something called "Goof Off?" It takes off everything, and paint comes off like a dream, I use it to wash my hands when I'm done painting. It was pretty much made to get everything and anything off of anything and everything.

Predatormv said:
I have also found out that the cheap testors airbrush propellent is toxic,

Guess what else!!! If you hold the can upside down while screwing in the nozzle and you have a cut on your hand you get frostbite!!! The blast of freon or whatever the heck it is blasted into my cut and stung like death. Then after a few minutes the skin at the edges of the cut turned a blackish-blue.

Yay!!!! I'm a Tard!!!:love

GCNgamer128 said:
Have you ever tried something called "Goof Off?" It takes off everything, and paint comes off like a dream, I use it to wash my hands when I'm done painting. It was pretty much made to get everything and anything off of anything and everything.

Watch it on plastic, though. We use it at work from time to time and a guy set a rag soaked in it on a calculator and it melted the buttons into sludge!!!

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back