Hi guys need some advice here..

cyberpyrot

Active Hunter
well i'm getting really close to being finished does anyone see any reason I may need to change anything to get approved? here is what I have so far..

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

Are you doing an ESB build on a ROTJ flightsuit? I believe all you would have to do is re-die the flightsuit to be the light blue it's supposed to be... Other than that it looks awsome!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560

Are you doing an ESB build on a ROTJ flightsuit? I believe all you would have to do is re-die the flightsuit to be the light blue it's supposed to be... Other than that it looks awsome!

yeah the flight suit does look a little light I have bad lighting in my room does this help or do I still need to go darker blue?

IMG_1473.JPG

s-l1600 (9).jpg

Ah OK it looks a little darker there. It would be best to take pics outside. Especially when you do your 501st application:). Looks awsome:)

I can't see the damage on the left shoulder in pics but it may need to be redone to more accurately match screen damage. The shoulders are usually very easy to fix though.

I can't see the damage on the left shoulder in pics but it may need to be redone to more accurately match screen damage. The shoulders are usually very easy to fix though.
are you referring to the yellow sholder pad? I was deffinatly going to redo that one was there physical damage on it or airbrushed damage? do you have a picture.. Thanks but you are awesome..

Looks like it's coming along very nicely!! The one thing that really stuck out to me was the ammo belt. It looks like you have the MOW ammo belt? If it is, I have the same one and it's awesome. I'm not sure if it will be a hold up because the CRL says it needs to be a medium brown but it really needs to be darkened up a bit using reference photo's. I used a black acrylic wash and brushed it on with a sponge brush, then used sand paper to rough it up in areas to give it contrast and texture and then used flat black acrylic with an airbrush to weather certain parts. It's a pretty easy fix and will help bring uniformity to your suit.

I have pictures in my first post of my build thread if you want to see how it turned out:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=56150

Looks like it's coming along very nicely!! The one thing that really stuck out to me was the ammo belt. It looks like you have the MOW ammo belt? If it is, I have the same one and it's awesome. I'm not sure if it will be a hold up because the CRL says it needs to be a medium brown but it really needs to be darkened up a bit using reference photo's. I used a black acrylic wash and brushed it on with a sponge brush, then used sand paper to rough it up in areas to give it contrast and texture and then used flat black acrylic with an airbrush to weather certain parts. It's a pretty easy fix and will help bring uniformity to your suit.

I have pictures in my first post of my build thread if you want to see how it turned out:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=56150

Thanks bud I used your photo's for my jetpack you have an awesome build.

Thanks bud I used your photo's for my jetpack you have an awesome build.

Thanks and so do you! I love the stage your in...it's where you finally start to see your hard work come together, making fine adjustments and seeing the whole picture. It's all the small details in this suit that make it so much fun! :D
Keep up the progress and keep posting!

Thanks and so do you! I love the stage your in...it's where you finally start to see your hard work come together, making fine adjustments and seeing the whole picture. It's all the small details in this suit that make it so much fun! :D
Keep up the progress and keep posting!
Thanks bud that why I posted here I know you guys would pick it apart and help me create and epic build

The only suggestion I can think of straight away is the color green you're using on the helmet, it looks way too olive-y, in my opinion.

are you referring to the yellow sholder pad? I was deffinatly going to redo that one was there physical damage on it or airbrushed damage? do you have a picture.. Thanks but you are awesome..

As seen here in the CRL

File:ESB_Boba_Shoulder_Bells.jpg

It currently looks like (from what I can see) that the airbrush damage isn't accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
As seen here in the CRL

File:ESB_Boba_Shoulder_Bells.jpg

It currently looks like (from what I can see) that the airbrush damage isn't accurate.

yup thats what I was talking about I had bad paint adhesion I was going to repaint it.. thanks for the clarification.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back