Good lord

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
I came across this on a site that im not going to mention as there is no reason to personally attack these guys... but holy god these are so inaccurate and the sale page says "EXTREMELY SCREEN ACCURATE"...how many things can you find wrong with them.?
WHAT.jpg

Last edited:
Oh boy....:eek: I like that they are the same, when they shouldn’t be.
They look like they would look great on a rubies kito_O

yup....the left tops are different on ESB and ROTJ....and i checked the rubies supreme ones, they are actually more correct than these! ...still pretty bad, but more correct..like actually having 4 darts, having the "battery" button on the side and the black button top center on the right gaunt lol
In one of the other photos for the ESB's, it has hex bolts where the switches are supposed to be.

Like Evan said, i also hate the fact that there are sellers misleading people that are newly into costuming into how accurate their pieces are. I mean if i was making these i would'nt even mention the accuracy thing and let the customer decide if they are ok with this sculpt. By saying they are "extremely screen accurate" is misleading, and that is my biggest issue with stuff like this. But i do also agree that this is just proof that you MUST do your research! Slightly inaccurate is one thing and is honestly pretty good for most folks, but these are pretty bad!

I remember when I first started Fetting, looking through ebay and the interwebs and seeing the "Screen Accurate" claim thrown around on everything. I remember thinking if that's the case and all of these are screen accurate, why are they the same piece but all look different and have different features? o_O

haha right? Doing your research is SO worth it, and prevents one from buying the same piece multiple times. We all upgrade stuff, but its nice to start with something accurate to begin with!

If these were cheap it wouldn't be an issue but they're $250 and that's quite a chunk. I have no issue naming the site; if they're selling it then they should have no problem with standing by it.

It's the ForceForum.com

If these were cheap it wouldn't be an issue but they're $250 and that's quite a chunk. I have no issue naming the site; if they're selling it then they should have no problem with standing by it.

It's the ForceForum.com
I agree with naming the site. TDH community is about helping new and experienced Boba Fett builders with striving for accuracy and quality. Naming the site is simply helping out newbies with information that the gauntlets offered by Force Forum have their issues, so buyer beware. We recommend vendors to buy from, why is it a problem to indicate that a vendors product may be questionable?

I agree Andy, if they were cheap it would be a different animal.

There isnt anything wrong with pointing out a questionable vendor. BUT, for me, I didnt want to mention the site because i myself make the same items and didnt want to be like i was trying to say my product was better, or one prop maker bashing another, that wasnt my intent and i thought if i did mention the makers, thats what it would look like. I figured the photo would be memorable enough so if someone stumbled across it it wouldnt be hard to figure out.

Now, someone else mentioning it, that isnt a prop maker, is different. :)

Last edited:
Darth Voorhees you shouldn't have an issue with naming ForceForum. They're not the makers of these gauntlets, they don't MAKE anything on their site. They're simply 3rd party from what I understand.

The fact they don't name makers and have had a history of using other artist pictures as their own makes me wary of them.

Ah, i didnt realize that since they have 3 makers listed there. They do mention 850Armor works. Thier scout helmet looks like an MLC3 so maybe they are just selling MLC3 Scout helmets. They were brought to my attaention because of the scout lid and we were trying to figure out if it was recast or they were actually selling MLC3 helmets.

Yeah, third party site. There are Korbanth pieces on there and some of those are pretty damn good and there are some Solo blasters I like a lot so there's clearly a variety of stuff here. Some of the other stuff is not so good. What will make it tough for the new starter is the fact that this item is listed on the same site with some decent stuff and with similar hyperbole. Given that the site is pretty slick and that these are not cheap someone could easily make an uninformed decision.

I guess what could be done is to contact the reputable dealers so they are aware that they are on the site. Hopefully they would be able to have their product pulled.

Alternative is to talk to forceforum directly and ask them to better label their product. There’s nothing wrong with selling cheap/inaccurate stuff. Not everyone wants to have a 100% accurate suit, but when it’s being sold as such, that’s the problem.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back