Girth Belt Run(Interest thread)

ive got a few people asking about a possible second run on these. That would require another special order of the bolo, which means a minimum of 5 interested parties to make the minimum order. Personally to really make it worth while for me to get into making them i would have to get a least 10-15 folks interested before i would consider doing another run, they are not the most fun project Ive conquered since costuming to be honest. If you are interested pm me and let me know..if it seems i have enough people I'll start a new thread. do not send money for any possible second run please until i make the commitment to do it. Also money would have to be fully collected before i start the special order as i don't have much free cash to put it up ahead like last time. If you are interested, be prepared to pay for the belt when i post the new thread...it will be first come first serve who pay and once ive got enough people who paid the list would then close. again this is a tentative possibility and not a definite commitment to a second run...checking interest only at this time via pm...

Thanks JD - you are the greatest!

With work, your Jango, bolos, and P90X - you must be busy.

you can't imagine...not to mention getting all my sparta stuff together, and working on my new indy costume as well...lol at least this week was a workout free week inbetween my first bout of p90x and my next worout regiment starting monday..oh and don't forget the 2 and 4 year old i have running around during the day while my wife is in nursing school..ugh!

if anyone is interested...i purchased more bolo than i thought..mustve rounded off the numbers...which come to think of it is probably why it cost me more to make these than i planned..lol...if you are interested in purchasing the 2 spools of bolo i have left, i'll sell it too you for cost plus shipping. I don't have enough leather material to make another whole belt so if you want to try your hand at making your own this is really good bolo for it..

pm me for details...first come first serve

finished TDO's and will put it in the mail tomorrow when i get to the post office...

a note on the belts guys...the eylet metal eyes i had doubts on when making the belts. the leather area is like three times the material than the eyelets. I tried to secure then for the look but in reality they most likely wont be all that secure unless youre lucky. my belt they just wouldnt stay it seems, so i have just tossed them as they fell out. the lace goes into the holes easier without them anyway to be honest. if you want to pick up a larger size to keep them in you may have better luck, but again i think they really are unneeded, probably why cruzer left them out on his...more trouble than they are worth, I just wanted you to know so if you get the belts and they come off like mine did when unlacing it you wouldnt feel jipped..lol they seemed secure until i unlaced it and they popped out. a larger size again may work better and they are real easy to put in. if you can put snaps on stuff you can do these..lol

also don't fret on the cover...it is going to be ubber tight untill it gets worked in.

Thanks for the heads up on the eyelets JD, muchly appreciated. :)

Now all that's left is to sit impatiantly by my mailbox and wait for the package to arrive... where's that dang mailman anyways?!? ;)

My wife just called me and said there was a package waiting for me from Massachusetts... I wonder who it's from.... Hmmmm....

Just couldn't read the name on it - "J something" :lol:

I'll post pictures later tonight! ;)

Man... I wish!?! :facepalm

I don't expect mine to arrive for at least another week or two. That's what I get for living in another country I guess. ;)

I just got finished working out - I will post pics later on tonight. ;)

Stay Tuned.

EDIT:
WOO HOO - 1000 posts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Sorry so late with these. I took some quick pictures. Sorry for the horrible quality.

These bolos are amazing! The color looks spot on and the craftmenship is top notch! You can tell JD put a lot of work into these. They fit perfectly too!

The pictures do not do these justice. The light in the room is very yellow - so the color saturation is kinda wierd.

With flash:
CIMG4107.jpg

Without flash:
He had them laced differently, but I unlaced then (I'll explain why at the bottom)
CIMG4111.jpg

Inside view. Velcro and snaps for cod attachment (also done by JD):
CIMG4108.jpg

And for those you know me well, know I am brutally honest.....
My only critique is the leather laces. They look really great, but they are a pain to unlace them. The leather laces do not slide very well against the leather backing. I bought some brown shoe string tongiht to put in place of it and I will see how that works. I picked up the shoe strings for about 95 cents. No big deal. Again that's the only complaint that I have. It's really not even that big of a deal - just me being picky. ;)

Thanks so much JD! I am really impressed! They are outstanding!!!!! (y)

i agree with the lacing too tony, thats why i had mentioned it earlier...screen accurate should be a white boot lace, which i think ill be going with anyway...i think it will cinch up easier with the shoe lace as well...im just a leather freak and tried to keep it all leather...realistically it will be much better, functional and accurate with shoe lace. I wasnt too worried about that option because it's covered by the leather cover anyway..

glad it arrived and your happy with it...thats all that matters!

Well I guess you did mention the lace a few posts up - Not sure how I missed it. ::shrugs:: oh well. ;)

I just can't wait to get a jumpsuit and vest and put it all on! I really can't get over how awesome the color is on the bolos - they are just amazing.

well you know me and colors...i get into major fights and discussions about it...(zam stuff..lol) but i really do try and get it as close as possible..it does look much better in person...for some reason they photo a bit brighter...

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back