ESB Gauntlet Questions

Fettology

Hunter
So I've tried searching the forms and the internet for some answers and didn't find what I was looking for. I'm working on my ESB gauntlets and I've seen some posts regarding hose attachment. Some say it's on a swivel type of connector and some just use a wooden dowel.

My questions are what kind of connector is more accurate for ESB?

Also is there a black tube inside the clear braided hose? And if so does it run the full length of the hose of just for a section?

I don't know if this will help much but I recall a reference picture from ESB showing the outside hose sliding
back on what would appear to be a post or wire in the interior of the that tube. It shows the hard connection was with the interior post ,tube, or wire. The outside tube could slide up and down a little like it did in the movie. It's a choice whether you want to be that movie accurate or not, some do.
I'm more a necessity is the mother of invention kind of guy so I just tried to build ours to be strong for trooping.
You may have already looked at the way ours is connected on my costume thread. My hard connection is the outside tube.
I believe the black tube does run the length of the outside tube. You can use almost anything that would
slide in. I've seen where some have used something like the diameter of bicycle break cable on the inside. That could be glued into the gauntlet for the hard connection.
I recently changed ours to a smaller plastic tube inside the clear one. There are pictures and some other construction ideas about it as a later second post on my site.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back