Do you know this vendor?

Lupus1202

New Hunter
First of all i want to excuse if this is the wrong place for this thread.
I asked in the bhg Detachment but get no answer and hope i will get one here.
Looking for the softparts i stumbled over KriptonTop by CB Props.
Does anyone have further informations about this vendor?

Best Regards
Wolfgang

Lupus1202
Like you'll see from some of the search results as provided by ShortFuse. KriptonTop is a hit or miss vendor. I have a ROTJ Fett myself and based on my research and his reputation from then (2020), I opt'd to not go with his Fett goods. I ended up going with TDH's Arkady for my soft goods and have not been disappointed. And with more than a couple dozen troops under my belt, the soft goods I purchased from Arkady have not let me down nor failed me!

I purchased Arkady's full set up to include:
1) Flight Suit (with Neck Seal attached)
2) Flak Vest
3) Hip Pouches
4) Spats

I know she offers both ESB and ROTJ Fett soft goods, I'd say PM her for a quote and time frame for delivery. You'll need to get measurements too so be prepared for that.

Here is a couple pics of my ROTJ Fett from last weeks Con (ECCC - Emerald City Comic Con)....
Photo Mar 01 2024, 11 52 53 AM.jpg

Photo Mar 01 2024, 11 24 45 AM.jpg

Hope this kinda helps.

....Having said that. I recently put together a ROTJ Scout Trooper costume and I will say I became a Kripton Top Customer too - for one of his Scout Trooper Flak Vests. And my experience was actually good. Initially, when I reached out to him (May 22nd, 2023) I inquired about time frame, and he responded within 10 mins, and said it would take about 4-6 weeks. I told him I wasn't in a huge rush and said that was ok. I placed my order on May 29th, 2023 and finally got my product on August 14th, 2023, so about 11 weeks. The measurements I gave him and what I got was good- fit was good and the Flak Vest was of good quality. I may need to trim the sleeves, but we'll see if my 501st GML notices or cares. But here is also from the same con from last weekend. My Scout Troopers initial debut....
Photo Mar 02 2024, 12 16 42 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 02 2024, 12 25 41 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 02 2024, 1 57 10 PM.jpg

Hope this tidbit of information helps you make a decision!

Cheers,
-Matt W.

I got an ESB flight suit from him and it came without any problems and the measurements were pretty good. His neck seal and vest are trash tho lol

First of all i like to thank you all for your comments and the pictures of course.
I will reach out for Arkady also write to BM. At the end it will be a question of quality.
I don´t want to look like a shrunked bag of ... after laundry.

Lupus1202
Best of luck to you. I can assure you that Arkady's pieces are of a superb quality. I've washed mine once - and it came out fine. I only had to re-apply the weathered paint (dirt and black soot). I have since just had this dry cleaned with a note to the dry cleaners to try and not remove the weathering, which they more or less adhere to. Other than that, Febreeze will become your friend in between the cleanings. As you may have heard trooping as a Boba Fett makes one become quite warm if not sweaty.
1709914914919.png

Best,
-Iron

I got an ESB flight suit from him and it came without any problems and the measurements were pretty good. His neck seal and vest are trash tho lol
I wouldn't call them trash necessarily. I think they're priced appropriately for what you get. I can't speak to how they hold up trooping but on my mannequins they pass the eye test just fine. I like the fact that the slots for the jetpack harness are cut and sewn. I think I've used his vest and neck seal for 7 of my 9 Fetts. Kenner Fett has a MoW vest and Boba Fresh has some other vest I stumbled on... His customer service for me as always been solid.

This thread is more than 49 days old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back