Dialogue Sound Board

Jesuit24

Hunter
Had a thought as I was playing Battlefront. It would be pretty easy to rip Boba's dialogue from the game to get clean audio for use in mp3 players in our suits. I've done it before with Mass Effect, it's just a question of how Dice encoded the files. Anyone else think of this/make progress on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty good. I think the seasons pass is going to end up essential since there's only 4 maps to begin with, so it's a pretty steep price for a game. Air combat is a little difficult on PC with no joystick support. Boba is amazing to play though.And the sound and graphics are all awesome and it's nicely optimised for PC, especially given it's a port. It's online; there are single players missions you can play offline but no campaign to speak of.

I'm struggling to find a customisable soundboard; all I'm getting is programs and apps rather than an actual in-hand item. I know I could get an app for my phone, but I'd like to have that separate for calls. Does anyone else have any luck finding one? The plan is to hook it up to the Aker so I can use that as a speaker.

Small update: I've ordered all the pieces I need. I went with the Adafruit sound board which allows for 11 sounds. I'll probably only use 10. The problem is Maplin (the UK's version of Radioshack only overpriced and crap) not sending me my order. So still waiting on the sound board. Hoping to have it ready for the premiere, but we shall see.

I am watching all this hard work closely to see what it turns out like, one will go right in with my kit if you get it to work (y)

It works! This is the setup:
IMG_4253.jpg

Ten switches, two in each pouch. And a video:

IMG_4253.jpg

I'm totally shocked that this hasn't turned into a whole Temuera Morrison vs Jason Wingreen thread :lol:

Well Jason Wingreen is far superior, but getting clean sounds without background noise and music is impossible. Otherwise I'd be going old school with the voice.

The odd chance that I do get to play Fett in the game it's always fun :)

While I do like Winegreen better, I'm pleasantly surprised with the delivery of these lines. A lot better than what was made for ESB....definitely has that dark villainous undertone. I like the one, "mercy doesn't pay the bills."

Just nice to have more than 5 lines of dialogue now!

They're going into my ammo belt, two switches per pouch. Was debating a fingertip option but suiting up would be awkward and there'd be a high risk of accidentally triggering sounds.

I think the sound in Battlefront is a good fit, kind of an in-between version of Empire and SE. Apparently he was voiced by Tem Morrison in Battlefront but I think he sounds a bit like Keith Szarabajka putting on a Kiwi accent (Didact from Halo, Harbinger from Mass Effect among countless other games)

when i get mine, i wanna see if i can right the tactile switches underneath the mq-1 calculator buttons on the gauntlet.

eh, actually it would look ridiculous having to do that everytime. i think you are right, the pouches would work the best.

I'm just going to pretend to grip my belt when I need to say something. The biggest challenge will be trying to remember which button says what.

It's pretty good. I think the seasons pass is going to end up essential since there's only 4 maps to begin with, so it's a pretty steep price for a game. Air combat is a little difficult on PC with no joystick support. Boba is amazing to play though.And the sound and graphics are all awesome and it's nicely optimised for PC, especially given it's a port. It's online; there are single players missions you can play offline but no campaign to speak of.

I'm only rank 46 at the moment, but I'm loving this game a lot. I'll probably give in and get the season pass pretty soon. Probably when it gets a discount.

Also, be sure to make the soundboard have the phrase "I'm gonna fill your lungs with fire!". That was one of the darkest things I've ever heard Fett say hahaha.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back