Sound clip utilization

viewoptic

Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
I wanted to check with everyone and see what your currently using for movie sound clips of Fett while trooping..I know some use Tramp (trooper amp), but im thinking the speaker box is kinda big...if your using small speakers behind the chest armor what are you using to play sound clips? Thanks

viewoptic
I use a MiCom 2.0, which sadly according to Facebook (which is how he sold these) he no longer sells. But I use it in conjunction with a Voice Booster MR2300 (Which is capable of up to 20 Watts)....
VoiceBooster MR2300.jpg

And believe me, 20 watts I feel is plenty of volume for that larger con. I don’t even give it full volume. I still have some more to push if needed. But I’ve been in large crowded areas and have had no issue with folks hearing me.

I briefly tried a Harman Kardon Esquire Mini 2 and even had a pocket installed underneath my abdominal armor piece.....
Harmon Kardon - Esquire Mini 2.jpg

But being that is was only an 8 Watt speaker, I sounded pretty muted, and as a result, abandoned this speaker altogether.

I store the speaker in my front right Thigh pocket and the volume controls are right on top which allows me to (While in costume) to easily adjust the volume if it is too loud or if people can barely hear me. I made a small diagram of how it is configured.....
Iron's MiCom Diagram.jpg

I thought initially that it would be weird to have Boba’s voice coming out of my hip pouch or my front thigh pocket. But I’ve found that at Con’s, it works out great and is quite difficult to know exactly where the voice is coming from. But people know it is me. When I speak people’s mouth’s just drop.
:oops::lol:

Here is a small clip of me a few weeks ago at an event called PAX West. Gamestop stopped me and asked if I would do a small interview with them....

A quick and fun interview. Never mind my neck skin that is showing - I'm getting my grey Balaclava soon.
:cool: (y)

Best,
-Iron

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back